Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Induction

I am interested in getting an induction kit, such as the ones sold by Prolex and TDi. I figure it should give a small power boost and increased throttle response.

I have been advised to stick with the induction system fitted with the supercharger kit, on the basis that it will have been designed to feed the system perfectly.

With this currently fitted it is nicely quiet (HKS silent exhaust too), which makes a change cos ive always had loud cars, and you can hear the charger whiring away - sweet, would an induction kit drown this out?

I presume I would need to have it remapped again thou? Have also been told that if fitting an induction kit i would have to fit bigger injectors and blah blah...a lot more work! But don't know that this is true.

As always, if anyone more knowledgable that i has an opinion, i'd be happy to hear it...

sc%20induction%20kit.jpg

Right firstly the Induction kit makes the noise louder, personally i love the induction kit on mine, but some prefer it quieter.

You wont need it remapped i dont think, and the TTE kit has been diseigned well but its also designed to give an OEM look and power can be gained from the induction kit,

who told you you'd need bigger injectors with an induction kit? Talking absolute rubbish!

Stav

If you want to take full advantage of induction kit then technically it would need to be combined with other mods.

The idea of an induction kit is to get more air in to the system, but theres little point in getting more air it, if you cant combnine that with more fuel (injector/remap), or give the engine the upgrade to process the extra air/fuel (cams, head work etc) and then you need to get the air out (Manifold/exhaust).

However the induction kit on its own will give little or no performance increase (not that you could notice anyway) but as stated above, will make it sound cooler (induction roar is a great sound).

would an induction kit drown this out?

Not totally, but it would make a large difference (IMO)

Many poeple with S/C who have an induction kit, try to go back to the TTE Airbox

as the induction kit can be a bit too loud for most tastes.

A drop in K&N Panel Filter in the TTE Airbox gives slightly better breathing

than standard but without the extra noise. (IMO)

Thanks for the fast replys, as always.

Some slightly conflicting information mind! I chipped my last car when i fitted a K&N, and did the exhaust.

I didnt think the injectors were needed but wasnt sure about the mapping. I do already have an HKS exhaust system fitted, so outward flow shouldn't be a problem. Think i'll prob get it, can always change it back!

With induction roar sorted, next i need a blow off valve. ok, so i maybe i dont NEED it, and maybe it will do nothing but sound good! but still...

yeh i do miss that growl to be honest!!!

one of the main differances between the lexus and my last car (celica), is that the toyota would go fast in a blatent lairy, wake the neighbours, type fashion, whereas the lexus will accomplish the same speed and acceleration, if not slightly better, seemingly effortlessly, quiet and smooth.

will it be simple bolt-on, bolt-off, easy to fit? cos if i get a second hand induction kit for a good price and fit it myself, i can just put the tte system back on if i dont like, eBay the induction kit. seems like its just that easy! why not.....

Well, ive bought the kit, but it comes wit an hks filter. did i read somewhere that some people do not like that filter? i think i might be better off with an apexi?

Also, i do kinda like the tidy OEM look of the standard air box arrangement. covers the block with clean smooth plastic.

Stav, this was the first pic i could find without an airbox! Obviously you have a few more bit and bobs in ya engine bay, and it looks good, but i hope ya get what i mean.

But afterall, how often do ya look under the bonnet, compared with how ofen your ears (and anyone elses) hear that induction!!!

Sacrifce probably worth making!

16122007137.jpg

LEDeyebrows2.jpg

Well i think its Rod that has both,

He's cut the intake off the TTE box so the induction kit would fit, but left it fitted to keep it looking tidy.

also where did you get the Induction kit from? if you get it from Preolex you get an Apexi filter with it.

Stav

yes, interesting.....

does that require air box cutting thou? cos im really after uninstallability, in case i wanna use the air box again.

it looks neater, yes, and would save having to take it all off and store it somewhere!

If you want to take full advantage of induction kit then technically it would need to be combined with other mods.

The idea of an induction kit is to get more air in to the system, but theres little point in getting more air it, if you cant combnine that with more fuel (injector/remap), or give the engine the upgrade to process the extra air/fuel (cams, head work etc) and then you need to get the air out (Manifold/exhaust).

However the induction kit on its own will give little or no performance increase (not that you could notice anyway) but as stated above, will make it sound cooler (induction roar is a great sound).

This in part it true, but on the s/c is200 you can get away with the standard injectors (up to 250bhp) but you wil need something to control them another ecu, and you dont need 1 that cost 1000000s.

As Stav found out the other week, from his r/road run.

Some people have been taken in by some tuners, and have had the full works, top of the range ecu, injectors etc payed over 6k for all work, and endded up with 4bhp more than a standard is200s/c.

This in part it true, but on the s/c is200 you can get away with the standard injectors (up to 250bhp) but you wil need something to control them another ecu, and you dont need 1 that cost 1000000s.

Some people have been taken in by some tuners, and have had the full works, top of the range ecu, injectors etc payed over 6k for all work, and endded up with 4bhp more than a standard is200s/c.

Ah, thanks. Well i really have very little to spend anyway! So ideally i'll need a new ECU to take full advantage of the induction kit?

Ah, thanks. Well i really have very little to spend anyway! So ideally i'll need a new ECU to take full advantage of the induction kit?

No, just put it on, thats what everyone else has done :D

No, just put it on, thats what everyone else has done :D

yeh, why the hell not!

• 4 weeks later...
Will you lot shut up about superchargers !!! I want one , Boo Hoo

:angry:

Ahhhh... does PCIronmike want a supercharger?

Tip for ya mate: If ya don't like people talking about superchargers....stop reading threads in the "Supercharging & Turbo Modification" section of the forum!

LOL

Will you lot shut up about superchargers !!! I want one , Boo Hoo

:angry:

Ahhhh... does PCIronmike want a supercharger?

Tip for ya mate: If ya don't like people talking about superchargers....stop reading threads in the "Supercharging & Turbo Modification" section of the forum!

LOL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links