Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cam Belt And Valve Replacement

stewartsetter

Hi All,

I have sadly had my cam belt break on my 2001 IS200 Sport.

I'm about to get some quotes for a belt replacement and possible repair to the valves. Has anyone done this recently and what was the round about cost I could expect to pay..

Thanks,

Stewart

Hi might be cheaper for you to just get a replacement engine,does surprise me that people are prepared to run the risk of not having their cambelts checked or changed when due or not sure of its history, however the choice is yours.

Agreed,find a good used engine,fit a cam belt kit to it and then fit it in your car.

It's not just a case of belt and valve replacement there may be damage to the valve seats,tops of the pistons and fragments which have scored the cylinder bores. By the time you have removed the head,bought all the required parts and had the head repaired and tested you may as well have gone the secondhand engine route.

A lot of expense for the sake of a £40.00 rubber band replacement and unlike the V8 engine not a 10 hour plus job.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links