Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

If Your Waiting For Hydrogen Fueled - Lexus Is, Dont Hold Your Breath.

So just seen a report suggseting that even with the might/expertise of Toyota backing hydogen fuel cells cars, production of the £60K+ Miria is going to be limited barely a handful globally for at least the next 3-4years...So timed perfectly for when Tesla's Battery factory is due to fully come on-line and start producing Battery packs for at-least 30% less than the cost today.

https://transportevolved.com/2015/04/27/2016-toyota-mirai-hydrogen-fuel-cell-sedan-has-three-year-wait-caused-by-production-limitations/

Meanwhile, in the present and now, my little £200/month Battery powered Leaf completed it's first 200 mile trip at the weekend (Also done nealry 200 miles more than my 'target' PCP monthly meillage limite)....Not the most relaxing, but not a probelm with the Leaf, more of a problem to do with horrific un-reliability of the rapid charger network - at least it was all 'Free', total cost to me for electricty to re-charge the Leaf for the last 800 miles has been £3!!! (Majority of charging has been on for 'Free' at local supermarket charging posts, shopping center car parks, and the odd rapid charge up at Nissan dealer) :msn-oh:

Come-on Lexus/Toyota, get on with-it and stick a full EV drivetrain into the IS, give it a 50-60kWh Battery with 200 mile range, and I'll happly hand over £50K+....Otherwise my money is going straight to Tesla.

17286046355_0b7147331b_z.jpg

• Like 1

I must admit that I am surprised that Lexus/Toyota have not went further with the Plug in Hybrid options. I think they could have been on a bit of a winner judging by what's available nowadays.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links