Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi,

I am new to the forum and recently purchased a second hand Lexus. The navigation seems to be a little out of date I was wondering:

1) How often do people typically update?

2) How much should I look to pay and is it something I can do myself?

3) How easy is it to update - I tried to purchase online but it was asking for some DVD number which I didnt understand where to get.

Thanks in advance!

Update....I'd say every 3 or 4 years.

It's about £160 and can only be done by lexus if you have the HDD version (which I think you have as its 2010 model).

To update you'll need to book it in at your loc local Lexus deale. It's done with a USB stick ....... Probably takes about an hour or so.

I have the 59 plate, it was reg is Feb 2010, but I think 2010 later that year a new model was launched. Mine is probably the previous one. You mentioned HDD, how do I find out which mine is thanks!

You are the same year as me then. I'm pretty sure you will have the HDD version.

If i remember correctly...press the NAVI button. Then press the Map Data button. You should see a screen that says your map version date and also talks about Gracenote. This is the gubbins involved with your ability to record a CD (that you have loaded) onto your Hard Disc Drive (HDD), a very handy feature it is too. This confirms you have a HDD fitted.

Or just drop in to any Lexus dealership on your travels.

I have the 59 plate, it was reg is Feb 2010, but I think 2010 later that year a new model was launched. Mine is probably the previous one. You mentioned HDD, how do I find out which mine is thanks!

The model which was released towards the end of 2010 was the second facelift with the LED DRL's. This deleted the Mark Levinson option on the multimedia system but retained the same HDD system as the first face lifted model which you more than likely have.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links