Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx300 Side Windows Won't Lower

A week ago all was fine, everything worked, but today while out my passenger could not open window!

Back home I tried everything including disconnecting the Battery to 'Re-Boot' the system, again to no avail; the handbook describes how to re-set the windows - but assumes that they go DOWN which is not the case at the moment. Of course the book continues: further problems take it to a dealer £££££ and more £ which is not what I want after being taken to the cleaners once by a main Toyota Dealership.

Does anybody understand this fault as all fuses visible under bonnet have been checked and are ok, only the driver's window operates correctly ?

Ken

There's an override switch on the drivers door on my RX which cuts all the others off except the drivers.Sure that's not just switched off?

Either that, or that switch may be faulty as it has the same effect.

The reset is just for the auto function to operate correctly, the windows/sunroof still operate with a light press of the button rather than a hard two-step press. As above it just sounds like the non passenger window operation has been disabled with the button on the drivers door

There's two switches marked AUTO and ALL moving either of these does nothing.... Found it, Thank you Mark, the switch is marked as a door/window having a strike through it, the switch was pressed! Somehow I must have done this in the dark the other night without realising it. Stupid really because I've had the car for 10 years.

Once again Thank you Mark and Colin.

Ken

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links