Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Head Work

Mark D

Has any one had any head work done to their IS200 - if yes, did it make much of a difference.

I'm especially interested to hear of any one who has had it done on an NA car.

I would imagine with better design and manufacturing techniques that the usual easy gains would be harder to get than with older engines.

Cheers for any help.

We will be testing the cylinder head on air flow test bench in January.

You are right in saying that gains are hard to get on modern engines, which is why airflow testing is essential.

Recent programmes we have undertaken and achieved very good gains on are the new Civic Type R and twin turbo Supra, both of which we were not expecting to see an appreciable improvement, but were pleasantly surprised.

I intend to post the pics and results on here when we have looked at the is200 head.

Mark

Mark, what about head work with no other mods. Dave's engine will be flowing alot more air due to the increase in power so would benefit, but would a stock engine?

I don't have any data yet Colin. We'll do some testing then some calculations based on the results to get some theoretical idea of the potential gains. It will need to be power tested on an engine though because the is200 has quite a few restrictions that may hold back the power. Suck it and see woud be an appropriate expression I think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links