Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So Close To Coming Back...

Well after a few years away having sold my Tungsten Mist RX300 SE-L it looks like I'm coming back to the Lexus family! Had a stint with a BMW E61 and then (and my current car) a Porsche Cayenne. Both fantastic cars IMO but just can't beat the relaxed nature of a RX :)

Would love the 450 but a little too pricey at the moment for me when compared to the previous gen. Ideally the 350 would have been perfect but decent ones are rarer than hens teeth so have seen a few 400's that are calling.

Questions for you guys...

1. Much to look out for when checking the 400? I remember the classic thing on the 300's was the air suspension so no worries here.

2. Have driven a 450 a few times but never the 400. Lexus make a big deal about the 450 being a 'full hybrid' but is the 400 very different?

Cheers.

Noman

The 400h is a full hybrid too. They make a big deal about it because other manufacturers have started to add hybrid technology but not as sophisticated or powerful, at the time of the 400h that competition didn't exist so there wasn't the need to mention 'full hybrid'.

The 400h has a softer ride than the 450h but doesn't corner as well. Try and get as new as possible would be my only advise.

hello and welcome back into the lexus family.

I have a 400h myself and it's like going everywhere in first class to be honest.

The ride is very comfy and i can sit behind the wheel for hours without getting an aching back or anything like that.

The only thing i miss or would like from the 450 d daytime running lights and the smart entrance and exit but i guess you can't have everything. Get one from a dealer..

I

Only had my 400h since January, it's very comfortable and very quiet, I can only tell when the engine cuts in from the display. Don't expect the MPG that Lexus say, I'm averageing nearly 28 but thats with fairly carefull driving and I tend to use cruise control a lot of the time. It is a full hybrid BUT you wont drive far on the Battery and not at all over 30 MPH unless you are on the flat with the wind behind you. It does however assist the pertol engine when charged. When slowing down I tend to stick it in B which recharges the Battery. Up to now I love it.

When slowing down I tend to stick it in B which recharges the battery. Up to now I love it.

You shouldn't do that, it wastes energy in B mode by turning over the petrol engine to add extra load. For optimum recharging you should used the brakes to achieve maximum regeneration on the energy display but no more.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links