Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gold Membership/ Sound Sys Install

Gamer

Hi, being a new Soarer owner, I was interested in possibly getting a gold membership to take advantage of the discounts you can offer.

I have 2 questions though.

First is which one do I sign up to ? Lexus or Toyota ?

Second is there a listing of participating dealers in my area (East Sussex). As far as servicing goes.

One more unrelated question I have for anyone who can assist is, I am looking to get a decent sound system installed and was wondering if anyone could recommend an car audio shop (to purchase and install) in my area. Prefferably a place that knows what they are doing with regards to installing in a Jap import.

Thanks

There isn't in my experience alot of installer that know much about the lexus in genereal, they don;t get much call for it, i have installed all my own stuff, 2 15" kickers, amps dvd tv steros etc etc, they are quite difficult to do as they are so well built, what sort of system do you want, what is your budget and what area are you in? I could have ago at it for a fee.

Regards Bison.... :zee:

Hi Gamer..

Sorry, I think I was suppose to reply to you via PM.

When looking for an installation company... Firstly, look for past and present work/installs the company is capable of doing.

A portfolio of the company is always a good start. To get the sales man to show you previous install photos and give you various system designs...Not just quote on the kit they sell... But kit they can also get at your request.

There are a handfull of companies which are excellent out there and have plenty of Magazine featured cars.. I used to work for one of these companies.

Try using this web site... It also has a Forum in there, talking car audio.

www.talkaudio.co.uk

I am not too sure if there is a dealer or loads of dealers in your area who are capable of doing a nice tidy install... But you may find something in here...

The other good bet, would be to choose what equipment you want, then ring up the distributor of the kit to find your nearest authourised dealer.

I hope this helps :)

We have an audio company in Oxford offering 15% discount on proof of membership card.

If you are looking to spend a wad of cash then this could be a good saving!

There are single DIN kits available for the soarer

have you bought a TT??

I have bought a TT, :)

pic1

pic2

Im not really looking to spend a "wad", I just want to get a decent quality sound install, would like to keep it under £1000 if possible.

Sorry for my ignorance but could you enlighten me as to what a DIN kit is ? :)

Edited by ColinBarber

The DIN kit is a blanking plate

A single Din is an opeing for a normal stereo... double din is the double size stereos...

Soarer sort of has double din size.

Beware.. the single DIN does look ugly in my opinion! I am trying o keep mine standard.

I had a Dension MP3 unit installed and changed how the stereo sounds!.. massive improvement.

Must say.. love your wheels!!

It is in the country, and has been through all the proper channels or at least that is what I was told. I go to pick it up tomorrow...

I guess a solution to the single DIN problem would be to get another component like an EQ.

Is the DIN kit availible for purchase on it's own and is it easy to install ? Just thinking if I do get a system installed a bit closer to home then Oxford I might need one.

if you get a new system then I suggest you rewire the whole car and replace all the speakers along with the system

look here about 3/4 down for the face plates

http://www.sc400tuner.com/

the more info page does not work... but the payment page does (how funny).. anyway... i would get smooth if you do order.!

It is an Automatic, from what I know it also has an induction kit and uprated exaust. Don't really know what other little toys it has on it yet. I go to pick her up in 2 hours :geek:

* sorry about not making proper links above :whistling:

Must say.. love your wheels!!

Well I have picked up my car today and I must say I am very pleased :)

The wheels are made by Work and they are the Euroline DH series, here is a link to the Japanese site listing them: Work Wheels

They are shod with Dunlop formula FM901's, front size is: 235/40 zr18

and rear size is: 265/35 zr18

Man the car really goes, sadly it has been raining most of the day so I could not really see it's true potential yet (I nail it and all hell breaks loose in the back :) ) The exaust sounds lovely, nice rumble to it (the end pipe is huge, I can stick my whole clenched fist in the end and still not touch the edges)...

I think I need to sort out the headlights though, is it normal for them to be a yellow tint ? seems to be a bit dim. Is it possible to get Xeon bulbs for it ?

Happy camper :D

some of the discounts are shared with TOC.. just that the dealer directory is with toyota dealers.

If you do need a part then you can contact chris shipley who will give you 15% off any part... just need to prove your a goldie.. which you are now. Chris is very active on these forums and on TOC.

I learned that if your car entered the country before a certain year then an SVA was not needed.

I have all the signs of an SVA test

Clock converted

petrol filler resized to only fit unleaded

fog light built in to rear light

Do you have rear fog light?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links