Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Couple Of Is300H Questions

I could only pair one mobile phone to the car when I had my IS250, does anyone know if it is possible to pair more than one Bluetooth accessory in the IS300h?

Also with the help of our good fellow member Normski, I was able to change most of the bulbs in my 250 to LED's which gave a much better and brighter, whiter light, particularly those in the cabin. They were far better than tthe yellowy originals. Has anyone done this in the cabin of their 300h and if so, can you advise re the LED's purchased please.

I know that most of the externals are already LED's but not too sure about the cabin ones. I have recently fitted LED's in the puddle light/door panels and they are a much whiter light and so this makes me think that the cabin ones are not LED.

Yes, it can be done. My one automatically connects when I get in, and my son's phone also does the same. The only snag I have seen, is one time when we both got in, it didn't seem to know which phone to connect too.

Bluetooth is a funny one. In terms of cars, I don't know of any which will allow you to connect both phones at once.

Most systems will remember a set number of handsets so they automatically connect when you get in but it is unlikely you would be able to simultaneously connect two phones (I accept there may be the odd system out there that allow it but they are the exception I would suggest).

bmw have an advanced Bluetooth setup option on their pro nav that allows 2 phones connected at once, but it is the exception.

You can have 4 phones paired on the Lexus system, but only one connected at any one time.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Am I correct in thinking then that I can pair my phone and my wife's and, if we are both in the car and she is expecting a call, all I need to do is to switch mine off and her phone will automatically connect when the call comes in.

With regard to the LED's, I will do a bit more investigating, thank you.

Geoff, I have a 300h as a loaner today. Mines in for service and recall modification.

Having had a look at the interior light units I'd say they look intrinsically the same as the is250 units. Those plastic trim removal tools should get you in to each bulb in exactly the same way. I'd even guess they are exactly the same bulbs behind there too. Don't look like led's in as standard.

Hiya Normski, yes I was wondering if the 'innards' might just be the same as the 250.

I will have a go at getting at 'em in the next day or so and, if they are the same I will do me an order. The light is so much better.

Sounds like the dealer is trying to tempt you today!! You've suddenly discovered that you have to do a 200 mile round trip today then eh! ENJOY!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links