Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Blackjaxx Owners?

Rob

HI all i know a few of you have the blackjaxx system fitted so here is a Q for u, if you feel comfortable answering that is - please reply via pm as that is better.

what have you/the installers connected to the cut out? - ie was it the fuel pump, EFI etc??

cheers rob.

I think it can be available standalone but don't quote me on it ;)

If I can remember, there was a post/thread before the crash happened on LOC, mentioning about blackjaxx and and possible interests on Blackjaxx. SteveAudioX was involved I think :unsure: ;)

The Clifford BlackJack system is a stand alone system Colin.

Can be purchased and installed by an authourised Clifford dealer only.

There are simular systems built into their alarm systems, Like the Concept 500,600 AG4.. Which can be activated to be on or off... Once switched on you'll need to type in the code every time the car door is opened and the brake pedal applied.

The stand alone system is better by far, as the ones built into the alarms can be over ridden by placing the alarm system into Valey mode before the brake pedal is applied.

The Black jack system does incorporate a Main Ignition and Starter cut off. But has an additional negative output to trigger a normally closed or normally open additional 5 pin change over relay to allow further immobilisation circuits like the fuel pump or ECU.

The system is also RPM dependant, but this is not so good, as the engine will cut out when the RMP drops, i.e when changing gear...If the car was car jacked! Thus loosing control of the circuits like Brake system and Power steering etc. (if the engine is stalled).

The code is entered by a plain view valet switch... with rubberised buttons, one has a STAR and one PLAIN. If your code is 2-4-3 say.. You'll have to press STAR 2,PLAIN,STAR 4,PLAIN,STAR 3,PLAIN and presto... The LED will flash, or you'll get a bleep if you needed the reminder to input the code in the first place.

Remembering if the Black jack is activated it will also flash the BRAKE lights to warn drivers behind.... in case the vehicle comes to a complete stop.

Can be purchased and installed by an authourised Clifford dealer only

I guess you can just purchase one and install yourself? I've found a company just selling the unit.

Does anybody have a picture of the keypad/switch thing. I can only find pictures of the actual control unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links