Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Satnav / Phone

I have just had the IS300h on a 2 day test drive (nearly 400 miles of M/way and central London use) and had one major issue so wonder if anyone can help:

I take and make a lot of business calls while driving and also use the satnav all the time. When I make or take a call, the satnav verbal instructions (and there are many) make it really difficult to conduct a conversation and I had a client call me today who got pretty uptight about the interjections.....not good!

My present car automatically mutes the satnav/music, radio whenever the phone is in use which seems pretty essential.

I find the display alone is not ideal and need the instructions, especially in London traffic where you don't want to take your eyes off the road.

Is there a way to easily mute or set up to overcome?

There are pros and cons VS staying with Volvo (S60/V60) and this is a bit of an issue for me so appreciate any help.

No, the Lexus system doesn't mute the satnav voice when on the phone and it is really annoying.

You have a couple of options. 1) Settings/Voice adjust the Voice instructions in all modes to off, and then if you change the main screen to show anything other than the home page with Nav,or the actual Nav screens, it won't talk. 2) Settings/voice adjust voice level to off, and set the voice instructions in all modes to on. Then in settings/Nav set popups on. You should get popup junction instructions on all roads except motorways in the central screen between the clocks and full screen motorway guidance on the main Screen regardless of screen selected but the voice will never talk. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

Many thanks Steve44 that is a very clever way to reduce the problem.

It would be a good one to include in the next software update.

Now I have to make my mind up about which car to choose.....

My one mutes the music during calls and when reading out text messages, maybe just some settings need adjusting.

Oops, thought it was the music, never really used the sat nav as just go where my wife tells me..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links