Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

you see them on eBay. There are people who purchase the new disc pack, split them and just use the disc they want and then sell the others. Most people in Europe don't care about the UK disc.

Just make sure it is compatible with your nav unit. The best way to check is to use the Lexus site to obtain the latest part code that is correct for your vehicle:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu

I've got the same question... my 2012 IS200d didn't come with a disc.. and looking at the lexus website, it looks like I have a 'generation 8' sat nav... but then it asks for a disc reference... how would I ever know if I don't have a disc!

I've attached a pic if it helps... does anyone know what I need?

post-51347-0-29422300-1424293372_thumb.j

I've got the same question... my 2012 IS200d didn't come with a disc.. and looking at the lexus website, it looks like I have a 'generation 8' sat nav... but then it asks for a disc reference... how would I ever know if I don't have a disc!

I've attached a pic if it helps... does anyone know what I need?

I would think your sat nav is on the Hard Disc Drive. I understood all navs after late 09 were HDD type not dvd. If it's HDD it is updated by using a USB drive. This can only be done by Lexus. Personally, I'd do this every 4 yrs or so. I've just done mine from 2010 version to 2014 version. Think they come out every April. So, you might be wise to wait until late April to get the 2015 version.

• Like 1

Check your manual to find if you have the HDD on your vehicle.

You can also find this out by doing the following. Load a cd into the cd/DVD drive. On the right side of the screen you will see an option to 'record' this disc onto the hard drive.

so, I had a look on the way home last night and if I insert a disk, I do not see any button to 'save to HDD' ... it just reads the disk and start playing.

So, does this mean I have a DVD based sat nav... does the disc remain loaded? (how do I eject it?).

I can see a notch on your unit where the front panel is removed to access the disc,

You have a new model, surprised if it has a disc. However if there is a disc you would have an eject button on the menu somewhere it details the map info.

the disc should pop out (take off the front panel with the little screw driver things first!).

So, went to see the dealer today ... they told, me that although I don't have any HDD options on any of the audio menu's it is a HDD map update... he told me they pull off the facia and connect a cable to update it.... seems like it's dealer only job

Hello all. I have a 2010 220d. I would like to "add" Europe to my Navigation options for a trip to Europe. I have seen DVD's advertised on eBay. Is it likely that mine is a dealer update only, as I obviously want to keep the price down if I can?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links