Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nice Gold Mark 4 For Sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS400-1998-Mk4-New-cambelt-only-120-000-miles-/121568891932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c4e12141c

looks nice and well maintained - for some reason though the gold colour seems to suffer from fading - notice the wing mirrors

It does look nice, which makes me wonder what was so special about the red one that sold for £4,000!

52K miles? wear does cost; can't deny physics?

But: do bushes, etc., decay with AGE as well as miles? certainly the cam belt is supposed to be 60K, OR 4 years. How about other rubber?

(Nice car at banger price here though!Pity it's Beige)

It does look nice, which makes me wonder what was so special about the red one that sold for £4,000!

52K miles? wear does cost; can't deny physics?

But: do bushes, etc., decay with AGE as well as miles? certainly the cam belt is supposed to be 60K, OR 4 years. How about other rubber?

(Nice car at banger price here though!Pity it's Beige)

To be honest I would rather have one with normal mileage. A big V8 isn't designed for sitting around, and short journeys (if that's what it had) won't do them any good. I wouldn't mind betting an engine with 200K motorway miles would be in better condition than one the same age with 52K.

I love gold and was after one for ages. I know people hate gold for some reason or another. Like the above I am not in the market as I have my new Lexus LS400 mk4 for less than 2 weeks now of a fellow member on here.

It is black and reason I wanted this colour as I have the best alloys which are silver and black which would not look right on gold. Once I have completed the restoration I will put up pictures.

Nice!!

I have a LS400 mk4 which I wanted for a while and is brill and just finishing bits to it. I use my new Mazda 6 for work. Hopefully going to start on my Toyota Crown 1981 full restoration sometime next year. At the moment I am wanting to add a 70's W116 Mercedes 2.8 if I can find a blue or silver one.

...and here's me vacillating about whether to buy a (singular!) Ser 4 again! To supplement wife's Micra.

'Need' is a flexible concept. When I had my previous Ser 4, it only did 3K miles a year, so obviously not a necessity.

£££s in bank-no %. ££s on street, seldom used.....any better?

Only one life? etc......

Damp day isn't helping!

...and here's me vacillating about whether to buy a (singular!) Ser 4 again! To supplement wife's Micra.

'Need' is a flexible concept. When I had my previous Ser 4, it only did 3K miles a year, so obviously not a necessity.

£££s in bank-no %. ££s on street, seldom used.....any better?

Only one life? etc......

Damp day isn't helping!

You just know it make sense Chris.

Life is not a return ticket journey.

Regards

John

• Like 1

Chris I normally only do about 3-4k miles per year in the lexus and its a very happy 3-4ks lol, would like to do more but with my health condition at moment be lucky if the car does a 100mls a month.... I'm still not letting the Mrs drive it (snigger) apart from that she's too scared to as I'd hunt her down if she scratched it lol

I would definitely consider this one if I was after a mk4. Seems a genuine car and at a sensible price too. I don't mind the colour and a near faultless test drive would clinch it for me. As an owner of a 2000 mk4, I know he's going to miss driving that car.

Well, I've just resisted the Silver one on Exchange + Mart, which has just been reduced.

The temptation was strong-and it's local to me, but I might just be 'downsizing'-literally, in getting a smaller car that we both will drive.

trouble is, find a car that has a semblance of the LSs 'ride' in a smaller car? Not since Xantia days anyway?

was in a Mini recently; like a go-kart with zero compliance!

Tempted by this Forfour (Smart) Brabus http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-SMART-FORFOUR-BRABUS-SILVER-/131412604870?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e98cd37c6

that looks lovely. But comments like;

"The steering was heavy, though, likewise the clutch, and boy was the road noise overbearing on motorway journeys,"

"Well, yes… The chief executive of Smart-Brabus, Bodo Buschmann spoke of "an optimal compromise between sporty firmness and a

comfortable ride". Optimal? Hmm… Anything other than totally smooth surfaces
induces violent vertical shocks."

"Body control is good on fast roads, but

the ride, on 17” rims and 40/35 profile tyres (front/rear), is shocking. Loads
of road noise too, and more than its share of torque steer."

"the noise on motorway journeys was unbearable".....

......In reviews, put me off.

The silence and comfortable ride of the LS is pretty nigh unsurpassed.

Am I looking for 'the rainbow' thinking I might find something as comfortable in a smaller car?

Oh, and not at mega £££s of course.

Enjoy the ride, you LS owners!

( If only the Citroen C6 hadn't got so poor a rep.......style AND comfort....)

Well, I've just resisted the Silver one on Exchange + Mart, which has just been reduced.

The temptation was strong-and it's local to me, but I might just be 'downsizing'-literally, in getting a smaller car that we both will drive.

trouble is, find a car that has a semblance of the LSs 'ride' in a smaller car? Not since Xantia days anyway?

was in a Mini recently; like a go-kart with zero compliance!

Tempted by this Forfour (Smart) Brabus http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-SMART-FORFOUR-BRABUS-SILVER-/131412604870?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e98cd37c6

that looks lovely. But comments like;

"The steering was heavy, though, likewise the clutch, and boy was the road noise overbearing on motorway journeys,"

"Well, yes… The chief executive of Smart-Brabus, Bodo Buschmann spoke of "an optimal compromise between sporty firmness and a

comfortable ride". Optimal? Hmm… Anything other than totally smooth surfaces

induces violent vertical shocks."

"Body control is good on fast roads, but

the ride, on 17” rims and 40/35 profile tyres (front/rear), is shocking. Loads

of road noise too, and more than its share of torque steer."

"the noise on motorway journeys was unbearable".....

......In reviews, put me off.

The silence and comfortable ride of the LS is pretty nigh unsurpassed.

Am I looking for 'the rainbow' thinking I might find something as comfortable in a smaller car?

Oh, and not at mega £££s of course.

Enjoy the ride, you LS owners!

( If only the Citroen C6 hadn't got so poor a rep.......style AND comfort....)

I wish I was brave enough to buy a Citroen C6. Love the styling and the sheer exuberance of Citroen in producing such a car. And a magic carpet ride I imagine.

Chris, quite frankly it's totally bonkers not to drive a Ls400 until the very last day you can get behind the wheel.

These cars are just fabulous and so so easy to drive and park and the comfort level is unsurpassable.

For an ordinary mortal without the wherewithal for a RR ( and the deep pockets for repairs etc )..... the Ls400 must be the answer.

Malc

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links