Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Long Awaited 2016 Rx - Pics!

15-02-10-lexus-rx-next-generation-render15-02-10-lexus-rx-rendering-rear-next-geSo..... here is the new 2016 RX.

Firstly - Id just like to confirm that I have spoken to my source at Lexus - these are renderings as you can probably tell but according to my source shows 95% of the finished car. The one showed above would be the Luxury/Premier model. My source has seen pictures of the RX F-sport but there are non floating around just yet and I haven't been able to get hold of them.

My source says there are a few discrepancies between the actual car and the above renderings which I have touched on below:

1) The proportions are slightly wrong. He mentioned the rear glass is slightly more angled and gives a sleeker look instead of the minivan look shown here and the rendering doesn't show the beefed up rear fender very well.

2) The rear windscreen wiper is in fact hidden, just as the current RX. As can be seen in the renderings, the rear wiper is in plain site

3) The wheels are not right. The render has just used current Advance spec wheels and pumped them up to 20". There will be 20" wheels available, just not that design.

4) He cant remember whether the wheel arches were plastic like the NX or colour coded. Guess we'll find out - hopefully at Geneva

5) He also can't remember if the fog lights had chrome around them but he thinks not as he cant remember noticing them too much

6) Lights are slightly different

Oh and remember my last post on the 2016 RX where I said it had a distinctive C pillar? Well its a floating roof :). Ive been told that the luxury/premier models are not the most satisfying to look at. The F-Sport however is very aggressive :)

Definitely looks better in the flesh ey?

lexus-rx-001_0.jpg?itok=vhDqp7HB

lexus-rx-005_0.jpg?itok=Bb_W7Qoz

• Like 1

Looks a bit like a MB R-Class

Cant say I can see the similiarity. The R-class is a ugly looking thing. The render proportions are all wrong but the silhouette spy shots look great!

:yack:

I am not a fan of the new "sharp" design.........

Its safe to assume that the render is slightly awkward looking - but it will look similiar. I doubt it'll look exactly like the render and the spy shots are looking very good indeed.

Its safe to assume that the render is slightly awkward looking - but it will look similiar. I doubt it'll look exactly like the render and the spy shots are looking very good indeed.

But ever since Lexus brought out the "cheese grater" grill IMO it's been going downhill, it may be different but not to my taste, but then when I first bought my Mk1, I had the choice of one of the very last Mk1's to be registered or an early Mk2........needless to say I preferred the original design. That's not to say I didn't like the Mk2 and I was seriously thinking about changing my Mk1 for a Mk2 a few years ago, but my old bus was such a good "family friend" we decided to keep it.

But the new designs just do absolutely nothing for us, shame be caused we loved our RX.

But ever since Lexus brought out the "cheese grater" grill IMO it's been going downhill, it may be different but not to my taste, but then when I first bought my Mk1, I had the choice of one of the very last Mk1's to be registered or an early Mk2........needless to say I preferred the original design. That's not to say I didn't like the Mk2 and I was seriously thinking about changing my Mk1 for a Mk2 a few years ago, but my old bus was such a good "family friend" we decided to keep it.

But the new designs just do absolutely nothing for us, shame be caused we loved our RX.

Im the complete opposite. I feel that the older vehicles had no substance bar the 2nd gen RX which I had for 8 years. After they brought out the GS in 2012, they've been getting stronger and stronger, the sales alone shows that. If Lexus used the same technique as Audi and BMW do, which is to basically change a few lines on the car, they would'nt be where they are today.

I hope they get rid of those plastic wheel arcs... they cheapen every vehicle.

Well this render is actually based on the NX and changed slightly. From the spy shots I cant see whether they will be plastic arches or painted arches but I guess we'll see.

It appears that the RX wont be coming to Geneva, instead a Small city car based on the Yaris is being shown. The RX will probably come to New York motor show in the US where it's biggest market is.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links