Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi All, was hoping for some advice I have recently had the check VSC light come on in my 56plate Lexus IS 220D sport.

I have used a code reader that came up with P2002 Diesel particulate filter efficiency below threshold bank 1.

Does anyone know what this means and can help me to find a resolution whether it is self service or taking to a garage.

Much appreciated

The particulate filter is starting to block. The easiest way to clean it is to take the car for a decent run at high revs ( choose 4th gear and stick to 70ish ) stick to the speed limit and go for 50 miles or so. Doing this gets the engine hot enough to burn the soot particles off inside the dpf, The vsc light should extinguish itself when the particulate level falls to an acceptable level.

Thanks for the info, I have been out for a drive this morning as recommended and will keep doing for a few days and hopefully that will resolve the issue, however today when driving I noticed for the first time during parts of the journey the car seemed to go into a limp mode where by I was trying the excellerate but the vehicle didn't want to and the revs and speed just died down, is this part of the same issue or something else I need to do? Thanks for any input here...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links