Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gold Plated Emblem/badges

noby76

I bumped into an LS430 today with what looked like Golden emblems/badges i must admit it looked quite different and interesting. were Lexus models with golden emblems special editions? I also noticed Lexus actually uses Golden emblems at their dealerships and forecourts. i have seen also seen a few pics of Lexus models in the US with these emblems on. like these ones below i think they look 'cool' and different from your usual silver badges/emblems used on other premium brands. and it gives the Lexus some character aswell..

LS

post-39192-0-57207400-1423604367_thumb.j

GS

post-39192-0-93637800-1423604485_thumb.j

I am considering getting these for my IS300 if i can source one. what do you guys think about golden emblems in general..?

post-39192-0-40240100-1423604575_thumb.j

Yeah, they were a limited edition thing. Although the GS430 pic you posted was actually a GS300 with 430 badges on. The badges are mentally expensive from Lexus from what I remember. I think you can get fakes from over the pond as they are more into VIP scene where the bling fits in.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

nice to know TigerFish. will look on eBay for some fake ones lol must admit its not a must have but makes it look different from the norm :-). oh was that your GS300 re badged as a 430 then lol? how do you know its 300.. out of curiosity, any idea the price Lexus wanted for original gold badges? i read on a US forum they are 24 carat gold plated..

I don't believe Toyota were producing them, or even Lexus GB selling them, dealers were offering 24k plating services using companies such as Goldgenie (who appeared on Dragons Den). I certainly remember seeing the brochures in my local Lexus dealer 10 years ago.

This used to be very big in the US - not so much here.

oh was that your GS300 re badged as a 430 then lol? how do you know its 300..

It is a pre-facelift model (1998 - 2000) because of the old rear light clusters. In the UK only the 300 was available at that time, if it was an import then it could only be a GS400 - the GS430 only came out in late 2000 with the facelift.

yeh saw that episode on dragons den years ago. that guy can gold plate anything lol.. i can understand we are a bit more reserved in UK compared to US hence the gold emblem/badges were big there compared to here.. but saying that if Lexus liked it and were bold enough to use it as the official brand emblem why dont they have it on every Lexus sold? might be cost i guess.... but they do make the car stand out tho..

but saying that if Lexus liked it and were bold enough to use it as the official brand emblem why dont they have it on every Lexus sold? might be cost i guess.

I don't think they did. Not at corporate level, and I don't think they did at UK country level either - it was a dealer option.

• Like 1

oh was that your GS300 re badged as a 430 then lol? how do you know its 300..

Lol... No, not mine. It was a member on here though. But as Colin mentions, there are tell tale signs as well.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links