Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More Questionsand Points On The 300H

Where do I find the 'Auto Zoom' feature that I have seen mentioned on here. I have looked everywhere I thought but, there must be somewhere that I haven't looked 'cause I haven't found it yet!

Also, can anyone tell me how I can check to see what level I am at with firmware/software (not sure which it is). I have seen people mention that they are staying at 'D', some are at 'E' and some are right up-to-date with 'F'. I just don't know where to look.

One thing that I am disappointed with is that there are no hooks in the boot to fix a cargo net to. I found this a very useful thing to have in my IS250. They (Lexus) do seem to have done away with some nice touches that were on the 250, such as illuminated scuff plates, rear blind, the earlier mentioned cargo net, I don't doubt that I will come across others in time. The quality of the boot interior seems inferior to the 250 too.

Im sure there will be some hooks or something as a cargo net is available as an option is it not?

Rear blind is available in other markets actually, I think they thought it wasnt needed in the UK as its raining or snowing most of the time.

Thanks folks, I have now found the Auto-Zoom feature and I think, the software info too.

The information that I have found re the software is as follows:-

Model ID 13LHENCU-BB01

HARD No 86130-53182

NAVIGATION VC03101B

Now I am wondering, is the number shown against 'Navigation' the number that some members are referring to when they say that they have gone from D to E and finally are right up-to-date now with F. If this is the case, I am way behind the times if the 'B' is my version.

Can anyone confirm that I am looking at the right information please?

Many thanks.

Geoff, yep, so are running B, I reckon the previous owner never bothered, or didn't know there were any updates. I can't say whether the dealers automatically check at service time, you would hope they do but...

Entirely up to you of course, but there have been reports here of owners updating to cure a glitch only to find new one's arrived after the update. I'm normally an "early adopter" and go for updates on anything as soon as they are available but I've stopped with D. Some of the things mine won't do are not the car's fault but limitations put on by the phone manufacturer, in my case apple.

everything on mine works fine, so I'm leaving well alone.

The most common problems were Bluetooth and hands free connection problems, and the nav/infotainment system freezing up.

Hi David, thanks for this. I am using an apple Iphone 4s. Interestingly, when I went out to the car to try to resolve my queries, the screen said 'Phone Connected' and yet I had left it on the desk in my study!!

If I decide to go for the updates, do they have to go through the sequence of them going 'C' 'D' 'E' and then 'F' or can they just go straight to 'F' ?

Hi David, thanks for this. I am using an Apple iPhone 4s. Interestingly, when I went out to the car to try to resolve my queries, the screen said 'Phone Connected' and yet I had left it on the desk in my study!!

If I decide to go for the updates, do they have to go through the sequence of them going 'C' 'D' 'E' and then 'F' or can they just go straight to 'F' ?

The Bluetooth signal can be quite strong! I'm not sure about the update situation but I would hope you can go straight to the latest but this is Lexus we are talking about. Not sure if you are much of a texter but if you are make sure in the Lexus Bluetooth settings on the phone you have the show notifications option enabled otherwise you won't get the texts coming up on the nav screen and being read out to you. That's quite a fun feature but make sure the mistress isn't texting you when you are in the car with the Mrs :oops:

I think version D is the one you can download from the portal website. Its the one that enables traffic info.

Otherwise, it only takes a few minutes at the dealer to do the update off a USB stick.

Version F is pretty stable for me, but some of the features are just plain weird the way they work.

One or two other things I have noticed...........

Why on earth have Lexus decided to fit only one reversing light. As stupid as not providing a spare wheel in my opinion.

Why have they removed the hooks in the boot where you could hang your cargo net. yes they do still provide a cargo net as an option but its not the same as I had in my 250.

Will probably find more as I explore the vehicle.

Why on earth have Lexus decided to fit only one reversing light. As stupid as not providing a spare wheel in my opinion.

I agree so presumably only one fog light to :megaangry: and the sat nav voice not auto interupting what the ice is playing is a backward step from my previous car.

Still one week in only two minor gripes. The rest of the car is superb.

Ed

I don't belieeeeeve it! The next thing that I've found that I aint not got, is the windscreen de-icer button. I really think that this should not even be an option, it should definitely be standard in my opinion.

I am still looking at what I have and have not got but, I'm beginning to think that my IS250 SE-L was better equipped than my current Premier.

My thoughts are that the Premier edition really ought to have everything on it, they're expensive enough. Too much cost-cutting methinks.

I don't belieeeeeve it! The next thing that I've found that I aint not got, is the windscreen de-icer button. I really think that this should not even be an option, it should definitely be standard in my opinion.

I am still looking at what I have and have not got but, I'm beginning to think that my IS250 SE-L was better equipped than my current Premier.

My thoughts are that the Premier edition really ought to have everything on it, they're expensive enough. Too much cost-cutting methinks.

I am glad my F-Sport has not got a heated windscreen as on the Ford hire cars I have driven the fine wires are visiblle and I hated looking through them particuly in the summer when they serve no purpose whatsoever.

Heater and a can of de-icer for the odd days when you need them. Petrols warm up much quicker than diesels to.

Ed :eerrrmm:

Edward, I wasn't meaning a full heated windscreen. On my previous IS250 SE-L there was a button that you could press and it just heated the bottom couple of inches of the screen to ensure that the wiper blades didn't get shredded if they had been frozen to the screen. It is an option on the 300h but as I've alread said, it really should be standard.

Edward, I wasn't meaning a full heated windscreen. On my previous IS250 SE-L there was a button that you could press and it just heated the bottom couple of inches of the screen to ensure that the wiper blades didn't get shredded if they had been frozen to the screen. It is an option on the 300h but as I've alread said, it really should be standard.

I have a button on my IS300H Exec (which was almost the least expensive version) which operates the fan at full de-mist speed - irrespective of whether engine is cold on start-up or warmed up.

Ah I see, I thought it was one of those quick clear screens!! I agree the premiere should realy have everything as standard considering the list price. What does it have over the F-sport as mine seems to have most options apart from a sunshine roof.

Ed :flowers:

One of the biggest reasons we went for the premier model was the automated braking feature. The Merc C class has is standard, even Ford offers a similar system (not as advanced) for only £250.

We are still waiting for our premier to arrive, the only other option I wish lexus did was a HUD and surround view, I would have happily paid £1k for those options.

I think over all compared to Merc, Jag and BMW, Lexus still offers a huge amount if options standard.

A equivalent diesel 320d specced to same level as premier 300H comes out at £41k as does a diesel Jag XE. So similar list price to the 300H....expect those cars still sound like tractors at idle, where as the 300H shows just how hybrid cars offer a level of refinement no diesel can ever reach.

Infact if you took the hybrid drive out of the question, just looked at the IS250, it's list price is over £4k cheaper than the Jag and BMW.

So for me, I think the IS300H is amazing value for money, because Lexus has managed to produce a car that has all the equipment/luxury you need for the same price as it's competitors, BUT have include inthat price a hybrid drive train package that is far more sophisticated than what the competition can offer.

Infact the C300 hybrid comes our at £43k, and by the reviews is about as refined as a normal diesel, which almost defeats the point of a silent/comfortable hybrid machine :)

Ah I see, I thought it was one of those quick clear screens!! I agree the premiere should realy have everything as standard considering the list price. What does it have over the F-sport as mine seems to have most options apart from a sunshine roof.

Ed :flowers:

You can option up an F Sport to basically the same spec as a Premier, it certainly costs the same, if not more, so then it is just a choice of styling preference. But with the Premier you still get a couple of extras - the blind spot mirror and rear traffic crossing alert for example and you can add the adaptive cruise control which isn't an option on the F Sport.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links