Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sounds Like Ratlling At The Rear?

mDx

Hello everyone, ive a problem. Yesterday after ive done few rings and came back home i start hearing some kind of rattle at the rear, sounds like metal hittin metal, only this sound appears when low revs, on higher acceleration the sound is gone. But my mind tells me that it might be my LSD DIFF should i worry. Its cisco 1.5 lsd

Don't think expensive think cheap to begin with :)

Check the exhaust mountings and give the exhaust a good shake as a starter, have a look in the boot for loose articles especially under the spare wheel that may be causing it.

Brake backplates are another possibility or a worn rubber rear suspension part.

Don't think expensive think cheap to begin with :)

Check the exhaust mountings and give the exhaust a good shake as a starter, have a look in the boot for loose articles especially under the spare wheel that may be causing it.

Brake backplates are another possibility or a worn rubber rear suspension part.

Thank you for the reply steve, I am about to do it, goin to the garage as I have access to it. Ill let you know where the sound is coming from will update, for other people to know if they will have the same problem as me.. :))

Ok this topic can be closed now, noone would guess whats happened and what was it rattling haha, While I was driving to the garage, i suddenly heard something felt off my car and the sound was **** loud, thought the exhaust felled of my car, but i stoped imediately and was goin to the road to see what did i loose as the exhaust was in place, and found a Spanned hahaha spanned was ratling on my exhaust and dunno how it got there..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links