Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Front Inner Tyre Wear

So took my car the other day to a friends garage, put it on the ramp and my front left tyre was proper worn (i mean proper, you could see bling). Randomly looking on the US forum I saw a post where FIGs talk about a bushing they have "created" that reduces the inner tyre wear and excess "movement".

Link is here - http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/645343-front-f-bushing-offering-and-eye-opening-video-inside.html

Is it just me that has substantial front inner tyre wear?

Does anybody understand what this part is and if so, can someone explain how it works? (there is just some parts of the car I do not fully understand and would like an insight into it)

I have now fixed this, bought 2 new front tyres (Michelin Pilot Super Sport), had the alloys swapped back to original corners (can not remember who first mentioned that they were on the wrong) and then had the tracking done.

This was the report before:

post-50183-0-16028500-1423321665_thumb.p

This is the after:

post-50183-0-89552700-1423321740_thumb.p

Now it is looking a bit better (IMO), also if anyone sees some numbers which they think are wrong, put a reply on this post as I guess many IS-F owners would like to know how the camber/toe come from factory.

the sidcup dealer told me, with a suitably technical answer, to expect inner edge wear due to the set up. I couldn't be bothered to argue but intend to get a full geo at the service which is just after my summer tyres go back on. The old summer tyres were also destroyed on the inner edge...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links