Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Side Steps For 2015 Rx450H

I have just taken delivery of my second new Lexus RX450h and would like to add some side steps. I live in the UK.

I have looked at the Direct 4 x 4 website and see that all of their RX steps require the under-car protector tray to be removed and then refitted after cutting the protector tray around the front step bracket!

Do any Lexus Forum members know of other UK based companies that manufacture / or supply RX450h side steps that can be fitted without the removal of and or cutting of the under-car protective tray please?

Thanking you.

Peter1244

• 2 months later...

Hi Peter

I know its a slightly different car my RX400H but I bought a set of side steps from Direct 4x4 mainly to stop ***** holes opening their doors against my car and to be honest the instructions were lets say vague at best and they were very very tight fitting on my front and rear slash guards. I even swore and launched a spanner down the drive while fitting them !

• Like 1

Hi Crowtree,

Is there a pic anywhere of your RX with steps?

I love the idea of the steps offering anti-ding properties, plus the missus n' little one could use the help getting in and out!!!

Thanks,

Chris.

Thank you to Crowtree for the comment and making my decision to fit the side steps - with his anti-ding comment, I must confess I was sitting on the fence about fitting them until his response.

As it happened I had a ding on the offside rear door of my last Lexus RX450h - fortunately I was sitting in the stationary car when it happened, so the owner could not deny it. It was deepish ding - which turned into an insurance claim as the other car was a hire car.

Lexus Bristol did the work - the bill to the car hire insurance company was around £2,800!

Apparently a Lexux main dealer will remove the door, replace all seals and re spray the whole door - hence the high cost!

The car hire driver tried to offer a £100 cash to go to Dingmaster !!!! Ho Ho!!!

Thankfully, Direct 4x4 will fit the steps - so I don't have to throw any spinners around!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links