Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More On Car Finance

Following the mention on this forum of new car deals via 'Drive the Deal' I have been scrutinising what is available and some of the prices are amazing.

I am wondering though, is it worth asking my local dealership if they can 'price match' anything that I might decide to pursue?

Looking through the site gets a little confusing inasmuch that the listings show :-

300h Luxury Auto

Business Navigation

Navigation

Navigation Leather

Leather

The above in some instances are shown more than once but, if you click on them one at a time you will see that although the heading is the same, the listing price is different, anyone know why this is?

As an example, the 300h Business Navigation is listed twice but, if you click on the first one it shows a starting price of £31990.00 and, when you click on the second entry, it shows a price of £30490.00.........confusing.

Also, having made a choice, is it then possible to see the complete specification listing for the chosen car?

One is for the 'business'/lower spec navigation, and one is for the 'professional'/top spec navigation.

Regardless of spec, your getting a 15% discount, which helps to reduce the high first year deprecation of a brand new car.

My local dealer (Leicester) couldn't get any where near 15% off the RRP, so I ordered through Drive the deal....From me submitting a order request, to the nominated dealer contacting me and taking the deposit too about 5hrs...ie: Order placed on website at 9am, car ordered by 3pm, I've never spent so much money so quickly :)

As an example, the 300h Business Navigation is listed twice but, if you click on the first one it shows a starting price of £31990.00 and, when you click on the second entry, it shows a price of £30490.00.........confusing.

I believe you have selected the Lux grade with Business Nav and then SE grade with Business Nav to get those two different prices.

The site layout isn't very good, it is easy to click on the wrong one.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering........if I decide to go the PCP route and finance the car, albeit for a very short time, I am thinking that until I pay the final payment, I won't be the legal owner of the car will I. If I do go down this route, does it make much difference to insurance premiums and, knowing what insurance companies pay out in the event of a total write-off, do I need to do something different to cover the difference. I have never financed a car before and so have never come across the problem.

When getting insurance quotes I have, probably mistakenly, been telling the insurers that I will be the legal owner. I will probably have to get requoted.

Is this where GAP insurance comes in, I have heard the term but have never investigated it. I know that insurers usually pay out for a replacement in the event of total loss within the first 12months.

I will probably only finance the car for two or three months at most but, I am thinking that I need to ensure that I am fully covered.

Any thoughts from anyone who has gone this route please.

Your insurance won't be affected by having PCP so don't worry about that. If you are only going to finance for a few months I don't think I'd bother with Gap, you'll pay £500 premium with no pro rata refund.

The point of Gap insurance is exactly as you've highlighted - to cover the difference between the finance outstanding and the value of the vehicle at the time of total loss.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links