Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

It's Done

DUNCAN

I finished fitting my Super charger this morning, taking it to 8 hours in total from start to finish.

VERY pleased with the performance (although I might not stop there !) :ph34r: It seems that now the car's alot quicker, the TTE coilovers feel like they work better !! ;)

Thanks to Rob (fluff), and Steve (AudioX) for there e-mails, which helped me cut down on the fitting time. :D

HERE's a picture for you guys (coz I know none of you have seen one before) :P

Whats involved with the bigger intercooler up-grade ? :yawn:

Thats the biggy...........you need the fuel line upgrade. This takes 3 days to do.....

Failure to do this means not enuf petrol gets thru............

PM Mark @TDi for the full story

cant wait to get my done, and btw i do have the Uprated Intercooler waiting to be fitted too, is this mean i need the fuel line upgrade too? >>>>>>>>>>Dave?

Its my understanding if you have the uprated pulleys etc on the s/c as well as the larger intercooler that you need the uprated fuel line.

I would think a larger intercooler on its own would be OK.

Wonder what the BHP/£ ratio is for the bigger intercooler (£450 I think)

Someone will be along shortly to advise us :unsure:

Do bear in mind that TTE has stated that the standard intercooler can handle more airflow than the supercharger can produce and the larger intercooler is obscured by the centre section of the bumper - but as it is a larger surface area it will help with cooling - by how much need to be seen as yet.

Nice one Duncan :D

The larger intercooler is unlikely to be of any real benefit to you at this stage - especially in this weather.

Mark,

What would you recomend for my next power increase ?????

And thanks again for all your help. :)

Nice one Duncan  :D

The larger intercooler is unlikely to be of any real benefit to you at this stage - especially in this weather.

Mark,

a 4.0L V8 engine?.............hehehe :whistling::whistling::whistling:

cant wait to get my done, and btw i do have the Uprated Intercooler waiting to be fitted too, is this mean i need the fuel line upgrade too? >>>>>>>>>>Dave?

Its my understanding if you have the uprated pulleys etc on the s/c as well as the larger intercooler that you need the uprated fuel line.

I would think a larger intercooler on its own would be OK.

Wonder what the BHP/£ ratio is for the bigger intercooler (£450 I think)

Someone will be along shortly to advise us :unsure:

would it worth upgrade the fuel line now just in case i want to uprate the pulley in future?

Glad to help DUNCAN...

I hope you'll get many more hours of enjoyable driving...

P.S.. heres a hint... Get the TTE anti roll bars in next !!!! I'm telling ya... My Lex handles like a Porsche now :) not yet put my coilover kit in yet ....

Honest.. I told Bazza.. and his like... what... why... how...

AMAZING DIFFERENCE MATE......

Oh.... I managed to re frabricate the mounting bracket near the new air intake 5-6mm shorter. allowing more clearance for my cusco strut brace to not rub on the air box...

You might want to do this if you have a cusco..

Oh.... Fast isn't it ? :whistling:

You want more power already :o

Getoutahere you've only had the supercharger on there for a day :lol:

Seriously though, there are ways and means ;)

would it worth upgrade the fuel line now just in case i want to uprate the pulley in future?

hmmmmmm.......that's a tough one. As you are having the HKS FCON engine management system anyway, I would say that the value of having the fuel line, tank, pressure regulator upgrade now is purely arithmetic ie: if you have the funds to do it now then do so. Don't forget that when supercharged, the fuelling is flat out and on the limit. Even removing the primary cats makes the engine run on the lean side.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links