Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cannot Believe It

this can't possibly be correct.

can anyone who owns a i.s 300h tell me that its not possible to leave some form of outside lights on your car when you get out briefly, after dark, to go into a shop, after firstly turning off the engine.

forgot to mention the lights are set to auto?

from mr angry.

Hi Danny,

If your lights are set to Auto, then they are designed to turn off when the engine is off.

Can you not turn them on manually before you get out?

I also think there is a feature when you pull the light stalk and the lights stay on for a period of time.

I cannot check, maybe someone can confirm.

So, other than lack of lights, how are you finding the car? :)

Lee.

thankyou guys I like the car except for silly things like this.all the other cars I've owned and attended, as in my job with the breakdown provider, the light will stay on when turned off. i understand this is maybe done to save the Battery as the one in the boot is limited to amount of power available but I find it annoying that to have a very basic function like leaving the sidelights on I have to remember to turn off auto lights and change to manual for possibly 5 mins max to make me safe.

the thing your talking about is' follow me home' lee this is for a maximum of 30 seconds then they switch off.

I don't think I understand. How are you expecting the vehicle to know you want to leave the lights on or not? In every car I've owned you have to press a button or flick a switch - exactly the same in the IS, you move the light switch one position from auto to on.

Must admit, like Colin, I don't really understand. You mean all other cars you've had, when lights are set to auto, they stay on when you remove the key and open the door? How long for? That sounds really odd, other than the follow me home home thing you already mention.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

In the car settings you can set the timer for exterior lights, 7/15/30 secs. Just pull the light stalk towards you once, when you turn off, and the exterior lights stay on for the duration.

Must admit, like Colin, I don't really understand. You mean all other cars you've had, when lights are set to auto, they stay on when you remove the key and open the door? How long for? That sounds really odd, other than the follow me home home thing you already mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

No I'm saying the opposite. All my cars with an auto setting turn the lights off when getting out of the car, they don't keep them on. If I want to keep the lights on I have to press a button or flick a switch.

directly responding to the following:

I find it annoying that to have a very basic function like leaving the sidelights on I have to remember to turn off auto lights and change to manual for possibly 5 mins max to make me safe.

the previous cars I've owned when set to auto, and it was dark as long as the car wasn't locked the lights would stay on.

if the car was locked then the coming home function would keep the light on for a predetermined time and then go out. hope this clarifies what I'm talking about.

Ok, I get what you are saying, but never known it on any I've had.

Can't see why you would want to leave the car unlocked while going in a shop to be honest, I'd always lock it anyway so it wouldn't be a benefit.

take all your points but you wouldn't turn your lights off if you were broken down on the hard shoulder of a motorway after dark would you also there's no point in locking your car either, whilst outside waiting for breakdown company, although some plonkers do.

True, but to be fair, the lights stay on until you open the door. In extraordinary circumstances, using the light switch to keep them on doesn't seem so bad. A shop isn't one of those circumstances though, from my own perspective. Having said that, broken down I'd more than likely only want my side lights on.

indeed that's exactly what I wanted... to leave just my sidelights on.i suppose its better to have found that out when I did rather than in more unfortunate circumstances. I contacted my local stealer and after asking head poncho's there they said it can't be done, but they did say lexus don't make it very easy to understand their owners manual and my comment in reply was that I obviously need to read the manual cover to cover and in great detail,which will take me a few hours, judging by the thickness of it...........that's the book not me :shifty:

I eventually found the section at the bottom of page 227 seems a bit cack handed that regardless of what mode you have the switch set to ( auto or manual) if you want to leave the lights on you have to completely turn off the switch and back to sidelights on, once powering off. now usually if you want to leave sidelights on you do not have to go through this process with other makes of car,it must be unique to either the make or model of vehicle... i.e lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links