Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Nx Owner

te0xdsm

Hi all,

I am the new owner of a Lexus NX 300H F-sport. My first Lexus. So far enyoing it, but not as much as I would like (since mine is not used for work).

Still trying to get to grips how to get the best mileage out of the hybrid without resorting to driving slow!

Dom.

Hi and welcome. Is it your first hybrid too?

Driving a hybrid economically requires getting up to speed then coming off the throttle and just touching again to keep up your speed. Plus brake lighter and earlier than normal. Rather than brake short and hard.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice, yes first hybrid too - coming from a Honda Accord 2.4 Auto.

On a recent trip to the US I took a Toyota Prius cab. On the motorway, the driver, rather than just keeping the throttle constant, he pretty much did just that, accelerating to a bit more speed than needed, then easing off, then accelerating again and so on.

I have heard of that technique before, but it is something I consider unconftable - so I will try any other trick in the book before resorting to that.

Breaking early is something that I already did before - with the hybrid now, I always try to keep the gauge in the "charge" section of the power meter for a as long as possible.

However, to gain speed, I always used gentle acceleration to speed, it is somethirg that I have to try with the NX, if accelerating sharply and then easing off but keeping speed gets better results (I have heard that too).

Dom.

On a recent trip to the US I took a Toyota Prius cab. On the motorway, the driver, rather than just keeping the throttle constant, he pretty much did just that, accelerating to a bit more speed than needed, then easing off, then accelerating again and so on.

I have heard of that technique before, but it is something I consider unconftable - so I will try any other trick in the book before resorting to that.

That is really another technique, and one that is a bit extreme. What Steve is referring to is accelerate up to your speed, come off the accelerator to make the petrol engine cut out (EV light comes on), or at least so the instant mpg gauge goes off the scale and then gently reapply the accelerator so that you maintain your speed, not slow down, which hopefully will be achieved just via electric power.

So far really pleased, but something things still getting used to.

I really like the smoothness of the car. In terms of ride, I got the F-Sport with AVS, and seems to do a very good job (compared with my previous accord, left in normal it is a bit more conftable, on sport+ mode a bit less conftable but handles better. I test-drove the f-sport without AVS and I like the ride too, but it was on good roads. Just to see the difference between "normal" setting and "hard" setting on the suspension, I tried "hard" on a not very well maintained country road, and that was unconfable.... however for motorway, I like the "hard" setting.

Performance still undecided- I do not really want to push it too hard yet, but unless you floor it, seems slower than my previous 2.4 acccord.

Comsumption - very pleased even when I am not anywhere near quoted figures, but the fact that I can do 350 miles with a tank (my accord struggled to do 250) I am really pleased. So far 33.7 and climbing.

SatNav - I think I prefer touchscreens for ease of use. Though I like the viewing position of this one more than my accord (which had it central column).

Still trying to get the right driving position though - the sits are supposed to be the very best, but still not used to the new anti-whiplash headrests (this is all new cars, not just lexus) where seems to be unconftable to actually rest your head :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links