Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Check Vsc , Trc & Warning Triangle.

Hello Folks,

I have a LS430 on 05 plate. The car has come from the Rep. Ireland and once it's on UK plates it will be for sale.

The mentioned lights came on and both o2 sensors have been changed. I tried disconntecting the Battery , the paperclip trick and pulling the fuse but the lights are still on . There is no EML on. Just the VSC and TRC.

Has anyone got a solution? Does it need resetting and checking for more faults with a Diagnostic machine?

Thanks in advance.

If the Battery has been disconnected for a period of time this may happen but usually everything resets once the car has been driven for a while.

If this fails to work then you would need to have the fault codes read, doesn't have to be Lexus just a good garage with a decent code reader.

Please also be aware that you may not offer items for sale on the LOC UK unless you are a paid up gold status member :)

If the battery has been disconnected for a period of time this may happen but usually everything resets once the car has been driven for a while.

If this fails to work then you would need to have the fault codes read, doesn't have to be Lexus just a good garage with a decent code reader.

Please also be aware that you may not offer items for sale on the LOC UK unless you are a paid up gold status member :)

Cheers for that. I was not offering the car for sale. Just introducing myself and how I aquired the car.

yes agree with the above - weak Battery can create all sorts of gremlins - recently my smart key for my 430 wasnt working properly (keyless entry etc) - even after changing the Battery it was a bit of a hit and miss - somtimes it would lock and lock - sometimes it would take 2/3 seconds.

eventually it settled down on its own accord after 2 days and is now working perfectly.

Even though the Battery has enough power to start the engine, I believe it needs to be holding a full charge in order for those warning lights to go out. I was doing some DIY for quite a while on my car once and I inadvertantly let the Battery drain down a bit by leaving some lights on. It started up ok, but the VSC light etc, came on. Once the car had been given a good run the VSC lights disappeared and never returned. This has happened twice in two years when my Battery was a bit low.

When you did paper clip did you insert in correct pin's? I did mine by following a link didn't work then i went on to another link they showed it inserting into different pins and it worked for me.

Yes. I took my obd out so it was hanging

Down found it easier as might eye sight is terrible. But if you got your top wire in say 2 from left. The bottom wire is further over to the right for eg twenty past twelve on clock face. Dont know if makes sense? Were did u get your info from 3+5?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links