Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lip Or Chrome Insert....(Pic Heavy!)

Hello all,

I did throw some of these pictures up on the LOCUK Facebook page but wanted to share on here to see what people thought....

So, I added an LX-Mode Chrome insert onto the lower grille near enough when I first got the 250, however I wanted to see what it looked like with a front lip. Turns out the LX-Mode insert will not fit when the front lip is installed....so I haver a decision to make...to Lip or not to Lip!

Currently the car is black and chrome...but recently I added matt black 19" rims so moved away from the silver wheels. So might add to the decision to remove the chrome insert anyway....but I do like a bit of classy chrome.

Here's a side-by-side shot and also a few with the two options, let me know what you think:

Car-SideBySide_zpsf1800440.jpg

With Chrome Insert:

2014-11-01152817_zps3751dfa6.jpg

2014-11-01152810_zps03ca885a.jpg

2014-11-01152757_zps4f06597a.jpg

Without Insert but with Lip:

2014-11-01152635_zpse90633fb.jpg

2014-11-01152618_zps635452d7.jpg

2014-11-01151413_zpscb5bba7b.jpg

2014-11-01151404_zps792f91f2.jpg

2014-11-01151355_zpsfc614382.jpg

2014-11-01151348_zpsf1b5cd58.jpg

2014-11-01151301_zps76ec9c97.jpg

It certainly removes some of the Class I think...unsure though....I am contemplating getting a Supercharger kit so the Class might disappear anyway! lol

I think everyones opinion will be different on this one.

I myself don't like the chrome insert - I prefer the spoiler but would also think it would look better with a black grill.

I don't like the way the stock grill (vertical lines) does not match the grill underneath which is a hatch design. I am in the process of changing mine also.

the picture below is from someone who modded their grill (from a 2012 post on this forum) and I think it looks really good on the car - I have copied his instructions and am just waiting for some dry weather to complete the job.

Like I say, everyones thoughts on it will be different.

post-35349-0-62969500-1414940699_thumb.j

I like the lip looks really good. I would also like to have the hatch or ISF look grill..but these only available from US.

Does anyone know if you will be able to see the fan if I were to install one from US or a breakers yard.

Current grill have a back plate where you can see the fan behind.

I do like the black isf type but was going for black and chrome look.

The chrome grille on mine has no backplate. I checked this when I first got the grille as I thought it was either going to show the fan or potentially open the fan up to damage, however after a good few months of having it installed neither issue has come up

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links