Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just throwing this out as observations from my own experience.

My front tyres were due a change so I started rooting around various sources to check out various options. I had Bridgestone Potenzas -225.40.18 (came with the car at purchase) on the front and I was not overly impressed from day one. Noise was a bit of an issue but the thing that really got me was the amount of tram-lining. I had a full geometry set up done and made little difference. Grip was fine in the dry and ok in the wet. From the history record they have done 24,000 miles which is fair I guess. The rears are Bridgestone Potenzas 255.40.18 and are done in the next 2 months I would think...may just scrape MOT in early January.

Based on what I had read and conversations had, I've had a pair of Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance -225.40.18 (bit of a mouthful eh!!) fitted (£206 the pair) on the front for the past week. They are rated at B for fuel impact, A for wet grip and 69dB noise. So far, I'm really rather impressed. I also had the full geometry done again (it was fractionally out on one wheel only). The road noise is much reduced...very acceptable levels now and the tram-lining has completely vanished. Grip in the dry and wet is very good. The car just feels more 'planted and secure' on the road now.

I'll keep an eye over the next 2 months or so and may well go for the Goodyear EP's on the rears too in Dec.

I have logged the mileage so I'll let you know how many miles they last.....hopefully be a fair time yet though!!

• Like 2

Well, I'm happy to report all is still good. They are definitely much quieter.

I have driven the same route to work for the past 30 years! So the comparison to the last two with the potenzas is quite dramatic.

Very good grip tonight in the rain and mist too.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links