Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Roadeye

Fidgits

Seeing the new 'roadeye' link at the top of the page, i thought i would have a look...

This is so cool! It is a tracker, but you 'arm' it from your mobile, and then it will send a message to your mobile if your car has moved!

But it also can give you the following info:

Speed – when your car exceeds your preset speed limit it will send you a speed alert message to your mobile phone. You can also make an enquiry to obtain the maximum speed the vehicle has reached that day by sending a text message to your RoadEye unit.

Acceleration - when your car exceeds your preset 0-60 mph time it will send you an acceleration alert message to your mobile phone. You can also make an enquiry to obtain the quickest 0-60 mph time your vehicle has reached that day by sending a text message to your RoadEye unit.

Tracking

Live – connect to your unit from your PC and track your vehicle in real time on a street level map.

History Download – Download your vehicle’s journey history onto your PC.

Replay – Replay any journeys you have previously live tracked or downloaded onto your PC.

Reports

Journey Reports – Where the vehicle has been (street/road): date, time, distance, speed (Max & Average)

And LOC gets a great discount of 300 quid off!!!

yeah, and not only is it a tracker device (which tells you when the car has been nicked), it is also a way of keeping track of the other half/kids who borrow the car :whistling:

Although i cant find anything that mentions a subscription fee?

Well, I imagine that when you get the alert, you call the police and give them the description etc.. and tell them you have this tracking device, and you can provide them with the info to where the car is...

anybody know if you can fit it yourself.. and if it can be taken off and refitted to another car if you sell it to put on your new one?

well i dont believe it.. i have just done 2 qoutes with the same people.. (quoteline direct) exactly the same details apart from whe it askes about tracking device.. did one with the roade aye that was listed and one without.. and both came up with the same insurance premium ... so does that mean no discoumt for having a tracker fitted???

craig

anybody know if you can fit it yourself.. and if it can be taken off and refitted to another car if you sell it to put on your new one?

well i dont believe it.. i have just done 2 qoutes with the same people.. (quoteline direct) exactly the same details apart from whe it askes about tracking device.. did one with the roade aye that was listed and one without.. and both came up with the same insurance premium ... so does that mean no discoumt for having a tracker fitted???

craig

Some insurances only give a discount where the value of the car is over a certain sum. Read eleswhere on the net that with Directline this figure is > £35k. Maybe someone else could confirm this :question:

By reading this...sounds very interesting and tempting... :shifty: (haven't seen the site yet :blush: )

Mind you...where I got my alarm done mentioned something simular like this plus also it will text or ring if the alarm goes off. Does this do that as well?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links