Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Spoke to a Lexus man yesterday who said because the NX is only slightly smaller that the RX he had heard that the 2016 replacement would be a

bigger version with all the bells and whistles imaginable..... Just a rumour or does it have substance?

yes this is the info we are hearing. The RX has been getting bigger with each version and the NX is essentially the same size as the original series I RX.

Not sure how big, I don't expect it to get 7 seats. Lexus already have the larger GX and LX models (which are spec'd up Landcruisers) they just choose not to sell them in Europe.

The NX may be slightly smaller than the RX on the outside, but it is substantially smaller on the inside. It feels definitely cosy. It is a challenge to fit three abreast in the back.

I am not particularly tall (5'9), and once I had adjusted the driver's seat, I then went to sit in the back and found it rather claustrophobic, mainly because my feet could not fit under the front seat. Made it cramped.

Loved the styling though, and of course the quality, and some neat touches like the charge pad that allows you to charge your phone wirelessly.

I have not yet test driven the car as yet, but since I won't buy one because of the restricted internal space, I won't rush and wait until one becomes available as a courtesy car.

Hope the styling will be carried over the next gen RX...

Lets just say the next gen RX is going to be very nice indeed. Im guessing it may go up to RR Sport size and have an option of a collapsible extra 2 seats for short journeys but the amount of kit itll get + the styling will be something else.

Lets not forget that the RX is the biggest selling SUV in the US and nothing short of extraordinary will do to retain that title.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links