Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx300 2004 Rear Diff Fluid

Hi

85w 90 gear oil from factory, but if you drain and refill, 75w90 fully synthetic better.

Are you leaking from diff plate seal or output seal?

My RX is leaking from output seal, but only 100ml every 4 months, so just keep an eye on level, holds 1 US quart, or just under a litre.

Hi

85w 90 gear oil from factory, but if you drain and refill, 75w90 fully synthetic better.

Are you leaking from diff plate seal or output seal?

My RX is leaking from output seal, but only 100ml every 4 months, so just keep an eye on level, holds 1 US quart, or just under a litre.

Thnaks a lot Jaspersilus,

Does it has to be from Factory? Can I get a say Mobil or any good brands?

When you said output seal, you mean the bit connected to the drive shaft right? Yes, mine is a slow leak from the driver side drive shaft connection to the diff.

To replace the seal, I assume the whole right rear bearing assembly and drive shaft need to be pulled out?

Hi,

85w90 from factory, all I mean is thats what toyota put in when they built the car, so any make will do, halfrauds, mobile 1 etc.

It might be worth your while draining and refilling the diff as your car is 10 years old now, really simple, drain plug on bottom, fill plug near top, Ive done mine and the leak virtually stopped, new oil can revitalise seals a little.

Have a look on clublexus.com, there are instructions with pictures to do almost anything on your car, you ll save a fortune!

Also I priced the seal up at about £22 from Lexus dealer, obviously fitting will be the killer!, might have a go if it gets to be a problem!

Oh, I checked mine today whilst checking brake pads, over 1500 miles since last checked and no noticeable drop in level!

cheers Jason

• Like 1

Hi,

85w90 from factory, all I mean is thats what toyota put in when they built the car, so any make will do, halfrauds, mobile 1 etc.

It might be worth your while draining and refilling the diff as your car is 10 years old now, really simple, drain plug on bottom, fill plug near top, Ive done mine and the leak virtually stopped, new oil can revitalise seals a little.

Have a look on clublexus.com, there are instructions with pictures to do almost anything on your car, you ll save a fortune!

Also I priced the seal up at about £22 from Lexus dealer, obviously fitting will be the killer!, might have a go if it gets to be a problem!

Oh, I checked mine today whilst checking brake pads, over 1500 miles since last checked and no noticeable drop in level!

cheers Jason

Thanks for the infor, Jason. It is extremely useful.

Will go for synthetic one. cheers.

I replaced my rear pads just few days ago. The pads are such a tight fit with the top and bottom "seating plates" in. I am worry that this might not let the pads glide that efficiently.

Hi,

cheers Jason

I replaced my rear pads just few days ago. The pads are such a tight fit with the top and bottom "seating plates" in. I am worry that this might not let the pads glide that efficiently.

Hi

not bloody kidding, mine is a mark 1, and unbelievably tight getting the pads back in, maybe the toyota pads fit easier, might try those next and not pagid!

Hi,

cheers Jason

Hi

not bloody kidding, mine is a mark 1, and unbelievably tight getting the pads back in, maybe the toyota pads fit easier, might try those next and not pagid!

Mine is Mark 2 and I used OEM TOYOTA pads, they are still very tight, I need to use hammer to get them in. I have a VW bora and slipping the pads into the carrier is as easy as pie. Maybe it is a TOYOTA design features? The front pads are the same. I wonder this might promote binding.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links