Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gs450H - Sometimes Feels Slower?

It's odd but some days it feels like a real weapon from 0-70mph and 50-70 / 70+ but other days it pulls hard but seems less aggressive?

To get full power does it need all bars on the Battery to be full or is it a temperature thing?

90% of the time it goes like a stabbed rat and pushes you hard into the seat, 10% of the time it feels like it's not making the effort deffo less power Battery half full......but electric needle doesn't want to swing all the way to the top looks less eager?

maybe it's just me?

Just FYI Car was warmed up Battery was about half full just didn't feel like Usaine bolt on crack tonight ......more like it had just smoked a pack of camels and slapped on a gass mask to do it's 100m sprint.

Battery seems ok as it charges right up to 90-100% regularly maybe I'm driving it to hard and it wants a rest every now and then?

I have never had this issue, but since my Hybrid system failed, the car still goes like stink and the power needle still goes pretty high up the range, so I haven't noticed a huge difference at the top end.

The Hybrid power is limited to about 50bhp when the engine power is at full power (about 290bhp), therefore if the Hybrid system wasn't transferring all of its power, its only about 15% of the power anyway.

At low speeds (i.e. from standstill) the hybrid system really makes a difference. My car is much slower at initial take-off than it was before Hybrid failure.

To conclude, in my opinion, I think it's more engine related than Hybrid. Maybe your MAF needs cleaning; I had a similar issue with a Volvo a few years ago. This also seemed low on power sometimes then had full power the rest of the time. Turned out to be a faulty MAF. Note: if you do end up changing the MAF, do not buy an aftermarket one, as these are not worth the money and don't work. Only buy an original manufacturer's part. Again, I have had experience of aftermarket MAFs!!

I am not saying that you have a faulty MAF, but its a good starting point.

I hope that gives you something to think about.

Giles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links