Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Next Car Frustration ....

Stuno1

I won't be replacing my is-f for a couple of years but that doesn't stop me looking!

I am after a more sporty car that offers luxury and some practicality, not as much as the is-f but some. The sacrifice in practicality will be made up for on the more sporty drive. All it needs to be able to do is be reliable, mange weekends away and hold one child. Most important of all it has to be fun and involving to drive.

I started with the 911 and assumed there would be plenty of other options.

Moved on to the xkr-s. Being a bigger car it must have more usable seats and also, a lot more power and while more of a GT car looks a hoot. Rear seats are unusable... Even for a child. Nav using gets horrific reviews. So moved on...

Lotus evora s. Looks immense, identical if not better reviews in terms of performance but not as practical and the 911 and not as refined. Also a lot harder to get on and out of.

Rc-f could be ideal but won't be in my price range in 2 years time.

Aston db9 is incredible but to old and is a step back in terms of performance from the is-f. Also would be older than id like to buy.

Maserati is a step back in performance and reliability worries me.

So... Back to the 911 carrera s. Spot on performance from the 997, good practicality, reliability, build quality, driving experiance. Do all roads lead back to the 911????

Stu

sounds like the IS-F actually has what you looking for since your list involved: luxury, practical, reliable, big boot for weekends away and should hold 1 child. noticed you didn't mention BMW M3/M5 or Mercedes C63/E63 AMG or Audi RS4/RS6 so i take it those are not worth considering..

• Why an XKR-S when you can have an XFR-S?? more practical and still as quick as XKR-S
  • Lotus Evora :- will def be involving and enjoyable to drive. uses the same 3.5 engine as that of US IS350 so will def be reliable..practical its not
  • RC-F :- new one from the bunch.. eye catcher, looks immense will be more practical compared to Evora or 911 and pricey
  • Aston DB9? maybe when you are 40+ lol.. nice car all the same but my guess will be it wont give you that driving pleasure more a GT Cruiser.
  • Masseratti:- I do like their rareness on the roads nice engine /exhaust note but as you say reliability is questionable.

so coming back to 911, it will be fun to drive, wont be practical, will call it spEditorty but not luxurious, have Porches ever known to be reliable?

if i had to choose and it has to have a touch of luxury, practical, quick and reliable then cant beat ISF. if it has to be something other than a BM. Merc or Audi i would enter Jaguars dealers for an XFR-S. if it has to be fun to drive with a touch of practicality then WRX STi or Evo X in manual box. and if it doesnt need to be practical but sporty and involving then the 911 but what can 911's do these days that modern hot hatches like Megane RS's or SEAT Leon's cant?? Are they even worth the price tag??

I love my isf but it doesn't have the driving 'fun' of a lower more sporty car. When I say practical all I need is room for my daughter and a large ish bag. The 911 can handle that. All the others can't. M3, c63 etc won't offer the driving experience I am after. May as well buy newer isf. The experience in a evora or 911 would be far more enjoyable than a hatch!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links