Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello!

grege102

Hello to you all!

I have a 2006 IS250 Sport, Black, Factory tints DVD player and screens in the headrests with head phones for the kids, now covered 78K.

In the last year alone it has had a few issues, one the clutch and DMF were replaced by my local Lexus dealer and its still not right?

Anyway I was searching and found this place, I did not know such a place for these cars existed, I look forward to chatting with you all.

Thanks Greg

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Not heard of many problems with the IS250 (unlike the 220d), I'm guessing as a "wear and tear" part it wasn't covered under warranty but the repair should be so if you are still having problems after replacement I would ask Lexus to recheck.

Hello Steve

Thanks for the welcome!

The Clutch and bits where done by Lexus but its been about 2500 miles since and not sure they would be interested?

It started to happen at about 2200 miles the clutch judders when cold and now and again you can hear the thrust bearings, also when cold if you have your foot all the way down on the clutch and select 1st gear the car jumps forward a tiny bit.

Of late it has become a bag of problems, and it is seriously making me think of never getting another Lexus, it's not like it even had a hard life? on 78K

Thanks Greg

I would still approach Lexus, you could argue that after having the clutch anf DMF replaced by them you would have expected not to be having problems again in such a short time and mileage, the components should have some warranty on them.

With the noisy release bearing you mention it makes you wonder if they fitted a complete 3 piece clutch kit or just the friction plate.

Have a go at them in a nice way, they may accept liability.

Ask them to test drive the car with the faults especially the foward jump when going into 1st and ask if that seems acceptable and safe for a car of such prestige,age and mileage.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links