Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mpg New Is250

If memory serve me right my 2nd gen. IS had a quoted combined mpg of 33.5 where as the 3rd gen is given as just over 32mpg, and has it appears to have the same drivetrain why the different?. So read on....

On monday I did a run of 105 miles which I do regularly ( to daughter's) which is 40% A road and 60% m/way, with about 5 miles urban at each end, on monday on reaching the m/way I set the CC to 80 mph.

The car quoted 39.5 mpg on the outward run and 38.7 on the return, I never got even close to these fig. with my 2IS, I also had a GPS app. running on my phone, it gave a max. speed of 82 and a average of 64.

I'm happy with that.

D

The fill up is the real test. I found that both my mark 2 is250 and my current is300h gave or give slightly optimistic readings (+ 2 or 3 mpg) but other owners seem to have had readings that are almost spot on, and some have had readings that were well out. I think perhaps that long steady trips give the most optimistic readings, whereas readings from mixed driving seem closer to the truth.

Hi michaelH

I get your point, I was not saying these figures are accurate, merely comparing them to my 2IS, which on the same run and driving in the manor I was lucky to get 32 mpg.

With a previous IS I recorded miles and fuel used over a 2 year period ( sad I know ) there was only a few tenths difference beteen the two reading, so I think Lexus cars are more accurate than some.

D

My 3rd generatiom IS250 seems to be more economical than the 2nd or 1st generation models I had, but this appearance is purely from the the figures quoted by the cars rather than anything scientific.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links