Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi folks,wondered if anyone can help here.I own a is 250 se 2007 and want to bring the satnav up to date.Would anyone happen to know the part no for the latest disc please and is it easy to install ?,or would it be easier to take it in to dealers,many thanks.

Check out http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ this will let you order a new set of discs. You just need your current disc to verify compatibility before it will let you order. The site will tell you the verified compatible part number, in case you want to try to get the disc another way.

A cheaper way to get the discs is to get one off eBay. The discs are only sold officially as a pack of 4 - UK/West Europe, South Europe, North Europe/Scandinavia and East Europe. There are lots of sellers in Sweden, Germany, Poland, Spain, etc. selling the UK discs. For example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201145520900.

Remove the trim panel with the clock on it. There are two small holes in the sides. Put some small picture hanging nails in the holes which will release the clips - but check your tool pack, there might be a trim removal tool in it.

Once the trim panel is removed, the DVD drive will be visible. Use the menu to eject. Press "Info", then select Map DVD, then press eject.

Just to check...and sorry for the hijack....does the Lexus Map Update site actually work? I have tried with multiple browsers on two devices and it does nothing after entering the current Part Number :msn-oh:

2714d3ee-903b-4f04-a74e-97176751dfb5_zps

It works fine, but you can't continue unless the part number is correct. When you get the part number correct, the option to continue appears.

Some discs have 2 part numbers on, but only 1 works for the site.

New and more up to date maps is the prime objective...so most definitely yes.

Not convinced you'll get full postcode entry though.

I expect Geoff will come back to you on that one.

The latest maps won't do anything about the ridiculous destination entry system.

The other issue is that even the latest maps are a couple of years out of date. Lexus get new maps from Nokia every year or so, but there is about a year's delay because lexus modify and customise the maps, and this customisation process is about a year behind.

The other issue is that the Nokia maps aren't very accurate and Nokia don't have a sensible system for reporting map errors.

what problem have people with entering destinations, i seem to be missing something as its fine with me.

I can enter a post code like XY14.... it will ask you the 2nd part of the code, followed by a street./house number

its hardly rocket science, and even if you entered a full post code its not reliable anyway without exact street location.

its just easier to enter a postcode and done with it rather than entering the street names etc.

sometimes you find the same street name in 20+ locations all over UK.

maybe i should try entering Ist Half of post code and then street name

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links