Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Guys Bought A Gs450H Need Your Opinions Asap!

Ok sorry for the dramatic post lol

I'm picking it up in 6hrs

It's a 2008 Gs450h Sport

FLSH

Ex demo + 1 owner

84,000 miles

Looks like a nice honest car comes freshly serviced with a years warranty included.

Now my dilemma is they are offering a buy one get one free on warranty so I can pay £750 for a further 2 years warranty so have 3yrs in total.

I need the experience of you guys here to tell me is this really worth doing or not?

I have read and read and the only engine issues seem to be the pump inside the gearbox and that's mega bucks!!

I kinda stretched myself to get this car but have no idea on replacement costs of mechanical parts of the Lexus (this is my first Lexus)

Can you advise me if this is worth doing at this age and mileage?

I'd really value your personal opinions and experience on this

Sorry for the short notice

Thanks guys

Sounds like a good deal to me assuming it is a lexus dealer warranty. Having said that mine is a 2007 and has now done 168k miles without any real issues other than usual service items. Oh.. Apart from the rear calipers which I remain not convinced they needed replaced .

it's a good deal because the two year warranty cost is normally £995. Will they let you pay via 10 months 0% direct debit?

Whether it is worth it is a difficult one, certainly if something on the engine/hybrid system goes wrong it will cost £1000+ to fix and there have been a couple of examples where this has happened but generally reliability is excellent.

• Like 1

Hi Krayfish,

If you have stretched yourself, then it`s a no brainer ! You must "insure"

The deal is excellent and I`ve just paid £995 for the same deal.

It covers mileage up to 140,000 so long as Lexus maintain it.

You have an outstanding motor car which will make you smile.........even when it is on your drive!

Regards

John

He got the bloody price wrong John, the 795 price covers everything except the electrics of the satnav and gubbins in the cabin.

the 995 one for 2 years covers the LOT

I'm going back in a day or two to sign up on one or the other.

Jesus holy crap it's fast though my god it turned my kids Chinese in the back!

I set off from the dealer at 6pm tonight and got home at 5:30pm so actually went back in time........

I LOVE this car !!!

• Like 1

Colin, yea they will let me pay DD 0% which is what I'll have to do as I Px'd my Audi plus 2.5k so am wiped out now but

Really need to cover this kind of car I think and 3 years cover in total (inc the year they gave as standard) would be peace of mind.

just not sure if to do the full 995 to include the satnav and hifi electrics not heard any horror story's about that?

May stick to 795 for the one that covers all the mechanics for 2yrs??

Steve`s quite right.

Warranty Direct quoted me low for cover and when I read the small print they had excluded the Hybrid Battery !!

Lexus ownership is special, so make sure you keep it that way.

Oh, and by the way................................do NOT travel at Warp Factor Speed.

Regards

John

If you aren't getting the full warranty cheaper than £995 then you can wait and just purchase later which will give you more time to think about it, and save some money.

The two year price is good until the end of the year according to the Lexus website so don't let a dealer pressure you.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranties-repair/#/ExtendedWarranty

Whilst these warranties have recently changed from 12 months to 24 months it doesn't actually state this is an offer with an extra 12 months free - this may just be the new standard terms and Lexus had to reduce their old costs to remain competitive, and it also makes owners continue with Lexus servicing as that is part of the T&Cs (no independent servicing allowed).

Not sure if the £795 option is a Lexus warranty or just a dealer franchise warranty? Not seen any details of the £795 one. The £995 Lexus one provides you with AA membership for two people so factor that in if the other one doesn't provide that. The full Lexus warranty allows you to use any Lexus dealer and is fully transferable should you sell the car - again another thing to check against the cheaper option.

I've not heard of any sat nav issues but if you had a screen fail, it would be £2000+ from Lexus to replace.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links