Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

For the last 8 years of LS driving I have never had the need or the money to invest in a new set of tyres for all four corners.

But 3 weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and fit Falken Z912 all round (previous was a mix of Falken on front and Continental on rear)

To be honest I wish I had done this ages ago.

Road noise is way down and absolutely zero tram-lining. I was surprised about change in road noise, especially on slightly rough surfaces which before sounded awful, now not so bad - even found the M25 concrete sections from Heathrow to Leatherhead not so bad

The really weird thing is level of low speed vibration right down to near zero even on badly ridged roads.

My old tyres were worn very differently due to previous tracking issues, and I read somewhere recently high performance cars suffer when tyre wear from nearside to off-side is different, the car really complains about it.

The car now feels like new, and even weirder a slight clunk I got when turning into works car park (about a 2cm lift on a dropped kerb) has gone just by having tyres sorted.

I might be £450 lighter in the pocket, but worth it.

Will track how long they all last, hopefully a couple of years at least as I generally do less then 10000 miles a year.

A sound investment Pete, for which you are already being rewarded !

It might blow your mind if you have to fit your spare for a few days though !

I have Kuhmo which do not seem to have worn over 8,000 miles ,but I will be keeping an eye on them.

I also run an old Merc E Class diesel estate auto (for driving to and from Spain and going to the Rubbish Tip).These are always fitted with Michelin Pilot tyres which give over 50,000 to each set.

It is always satisfying and reassuring to know that one is well shod.

Regards

John

My tyres never wear on the Heathrow M25 section I generally spend more time there stationary :)

I also have Kuhmo on the rears, reasonable grip and now done over 15,000 on them, getting ready for change now but still legal.

• Like 1

I have Falkens all round too ....... the fronts seem to last about 20k miles and the rears will I think about 40k ................ just had a slow puncture repaired in a new rear tyre I bought for my Spain trip @8000 miles ago now and the tyre looks new still ................ . the sodding screw that came out was about 4 inches long ... ***** !!!

Malc

• Like 1

A sound investment Pete, for which you are already being rewarded !

It might blow your mind if you have to fit your spare for a few days though !

I have Kuhmo which do not seem to have worn over 8,000 miles ,but I will be keeping an eye on them.

I also run an old Merc E Class diesel estate auto (for driving to and from Spain and going to the Rubbish Tip).These are always fitted with Michelin Pilot tyres which give over 50,000 to each set.

It is always satisfying and reassuring to know that one is well shod.

Regards

John

John,

Not bad for the Michelin tyres. Used to run them a decade ago on a Vaux Omega, but never got more than 25000 on a set, but they were good grip.

Where I live is very hilly and windy, which means tyres never last as long as just cruising up and down motorways

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links