Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LOC Calender

Fargo

Would you still like an LOC Calender  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still like an LOC Calender

• Yes - Moderators to choose the 12 best.
    • Yes- As the results last stood before dodgy numbers appeared,
    • Yes - via a 2 day voting period with all votes hidden.
    • Yes - All (reasonable) entries are included.No - Errrr no..

Hi Y'all

I for one would still very much like an LOC 2004 Calender.

How many others would.

Im sure as members of a club that listens to its members perhaps something can be worked out.

The Poll was meant to have a 5th line saying No - Err no. but somehow this was added to the end of the 4th line.. perhaps a mod can fix

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i would like to see a calender

but....

i dont think its fair that the moderators choose, for the fact they have entries themselves and to be fair would have to remove them, i beleive they have as much right to be in it as anyone

to take the voting from the point before any cheating took place, who is to say when that started ? and what about the genuine votes after that time

closed voting , i am sure someone will querey the result unless it is done in the open

as for the fourth poll vote , not sure i know what that means

in my opinion it has been ruined, and understandly i can see the people involved are a bit ****** off with that,

more hard work done for all of us down the pan !!!

Hmmmm, I voted for mods ( shhh it's a secret ) but didn't think about what Bazza has just said, fair point mate :)

Hope the votes for this poll aren't rigged :)

Also if there is another vote will something be put in place to stop multiple votes?

It may be already to late to go to print :( anybody know ?

stopping multiple votes would be hard.

if people can crack dongled software then I am sure a simple voting system would be easy

however, deliberate multiple voting to get someone banned from the comp could have happened.

Matt M is investigating at the mo

Paul,

I appreciate the effort mate - and realise that many people (especially me!) would have liked this to go ahead.

However, there is no way to guarantee that no gamesmanship takes place - and with the previous history it would be hard to convince me to put more effort into it, especially as the effort on the voting was not mine -Steve did all the hard work on the poll (/tips hat to Steve ;) )

Right now - the only way I can going forward would I pick the 12 photos, on the basis of which ones I think would look the best in the different months.

I have not entered a picture, and have no vested interest in seeing any specific picture on the calendar.

My only motivation would be to try and salvage some good from this.

How does this sound?

yes Bazza, your right Re the Mods entires.. its a toughie now that the voting has been messed with,

perhaps if any entries of the mods were in the top 12 then they should be included and then the rest of the photos, be picked by them, or us.. whatever..

th point about taking the results from before the fiddled numbers, my view is that Mr Lex was always in the lead at approx 28 votes and the closest vote to that was about 18-21 if i remember right. and im happy with that and certainly all looked ok..

The Poll was ment to have a 5th line saying No - Err no. but somehow this was added to the end of the 4th line.. perhaps a mod can fiddle with me pole err i mean poll.

Right now - the only way I can going forward would I pick the 12 photos, on the basis of which ones I think would look the best in the different months.

I have not entered a picture, and have no vested interest in seeing any specific picture on the calendar.

good call !

good call !

I second that good call... :D

(bazza @ Nov 24 2003, 04:33 PM)

good call !

I second that good call...

Me third - I still think the calendar is a good idea - lets get whatever good we can from this.

As long as those that have been guilty are NOT entered into the comp?

unfortunately - the loss of the forums has removed some evidence.

I can defintely tell you that one IP address voted 99 times.

but the loss of the forums means I cannot see who has posted recently with that IP address. :blush:

but - I still have an eye open :shifty:

Hope thats not an admission of guilt Rod :lol::lol:

So are you going to name them?

Errr - that's an admission of I really don't give a crap about the compo anymore and if people are gonna get all busted outta shape just because I, as a moderator, have my car entered then I would sooner be not involved Pete mate.

I mean it's not like I just spent half of my weekend reloading a shedload of stuff into the forums / knowledgebase / membership system or anything - why should I deserve anything?!!

Cor blimey mate calm down......did'nt you see the smilies after the statement?

Personally i could'nt give a stuff who enters/judges as long as its done how its supposed to be judged

on the quality of the pic.

Also why is the club protecting the person/s who cheated.........name them.

Take my picture out of the compo if it makes life easier - totally not fussed

Rod

if we do this so that either I, or myself and Mat C, do the judging, then there is no reason why your picture and Steve's cannot remain in the competition - your photo will be fairly judged for a position in the calendar.

I do not hear any dissension to the idea of Mat and I judging - does anyone feel this is a bad idea?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links