Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Out Of My Comfort Zone!

Wat no alfa

Hi all

I have just sold my Alfa 159 2.4 ti :( it was my second 159 and a very nice, quick motor that both my wife and I will sadly miss, but, Alfa don't seem interested in building new cars much anymore so after hunting around and staying at arms length of every boring German offering we have decided to buy a IS 250.

So here we are, moving over from the Alfa Romeo Forum I hope I dont regret it (certainly wont miss the garage bills!).

I am going to look at a IS250 today on a 08 plate, manual with 81k. anything inparticular I should keep an eye out for, I'm reliably informed these jap motors are bullet proof but as a conditioned Alfa owner I am expectant of common faults, are there any to be wary of?

Look forward to future correspondence :)

I've never been brave enough to own a whole Alfa. ;) I've got a wonderful Busso engine in my kit car though, so I understand the passion thing.

When I briefly considered a newer IS250 (I went for an old LS400 in the end), I found some postings about significant and expensive ECU failings for the IS250. I never got into the exact details so I don't know if it's only a certain date range.

Good luck in the hunt and welcome! :)

Hi all

I have just sold my Alfa 159 2.4 ti :( it was my second 159 and a very nice, quick motor that both my wife and I will sadly miss, but, Alfa don't seem interested in building new cars much anymore so after hunting around and staying at arms length of every boring German offering we have decided to buy a IS 250.

So here we are, moving over from the Alfa Romeo Forum I hope I dont regret it (certainly wont miss the garage bills!).

I am going to look at a IS250 today on a 08 plate, manual with 81k. anything inparticular I should keep an eye out for, I'm reliably informed these jap motors are bullet proof but as a conditioned Alfa owner I am expectant of common faults, are there any to be wary of?

Please take a read of the is250 forum postings. you will find quite a bit of interest.

Be aware that the road tax on a manual version is circa £460pa. The road tax on the auto is circa £280.

Don't ignore the auto ....it is very very good. Should you wish you can put it in S (sport) mode and use the conventional, albeit sequential stick action...or the steering wheel paddles.

Hi all

Please take a read of the is250 forum postings. you will find quite a bit of interest.

Be aware that the road tax on a manual version is circa £460pa. The road tax on the auto is circa £280.

Don't ignore the auto ....it is very very good. Should you wish you can put it in S (sport) mode and use the conventional, albeit sequential stick action...or the steering wheel paddles.

Yes I had originally planned to get an auto due to tax and recommendations that the auto is better unfortunately the two that have really caught my eye are manuals and the premium attached to similar autos will pay the extra tax for at least three years.

They do look good in red...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links