Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cruise Control

KDS

Just for info - if you accidentally like I did leave the drive in B - you can't engage cruise - logical but a bit perturbing until you realise your error

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Just for info - if you accidentally like I did leave the drive in B - you can't engage cruise - logical but a bit perturbing until you realise your error

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

yes i have done that also you try to turn on cc and it wont go on but you still try to get the cc to work until you look to the other side and see you are in the braking mode / re gen mode , it would be good if when going into cc the braking mode would automatically go back to d

yes i have done that also you try to turn on cc and it wont go on but you still try to get the cc to work until you look to the other side and see you are in the braking mode / re gen mode

don't believe that B is for re-gen. That story normally comes from ignorant sales people. Using it will potentially increase your fuel consumption.

yes i have done that also you try to turn on cc and it wont go on but you still try to get the cc to work until you look to the other side and see you are in the braking mode / re gen mode

don't believe that B is for re-gen. That story normally comes from ignorant sales people. Using it will potentially increase your fuel consumption.

yes it was sales staff that told me that in "b" it gives you the equivalent of engine braking when going down hills and also in that mode it helps charge the batteries up quicker

yes it was sales staff that told me that in "b" it gives you the equivalent of engine braking when going down hills and also in that mode it helps charge the batteries up quicker

the first part is right and is what it should be used for.

It doesn't charge up the batteries quicker than just applying the same amount of braking force manually and only a certain amount of energy can be obtained from the regen braking system, most of that extra resistance when in B mode is generated by turning over the petrol engine. Using B on anything other that steep hills typically increases fuel consumption because you get very little coasting, you are on the power longer coming up to a junction rather than coming off the throttle early and gently braking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links