Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Considering Is300H - Few Queries

Hi All,

I have an Audi A4 company car that is due to get changed at the end of September. I have been reading this forum with interest in a bid to gaining more information on the car as I find the Lexus website not brilliant!

I have really liked the A4 and my dealings with Audi but I like the look of the IS300 h and the company car tax is appealing. The online reviews I have read have kind of panned the car and the cvt gear box, and most of them seem to suggest it would be prudent to stick with a German diesel. Far more interested in your opinion as you have lived with car rather the opinion of someone who has thrashed it for an hour or so like these journalists have!

I'm seriously thinking of ordering the executive model and I have a couple of questions that hopefully one of you guys in the know can answer-

If I order the car in black leather is the headlining in black as it shows on the car builder software on the Lexus website? I'm a fan of black headlining from my A4 and would stick with it if possible.

I am also wondering if you can control your iPod through the cars control/media system when connected as opposed to it only working if you use the controls on the device itself? My A4 had Audi ami which enabled control of the iPod through the steering wheel controls.

In the executive model I believe the sat nav is the lesser standard model and as a result the car does not have the reversing camera? Can someone confirm this? Also on the standard nav system do you get a second wheel rather than the mouse control thingy?

Pretty sure I'm going to order one as my new company car as the executive model is a great option for company car drivers based on tax and the level of standard kit compared to what you get with ze Germans. Would like the f sport but I think it would break my car budget.

My local dealer doesn't have the executive model in stock to have a look at yet.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe, great choice don't think you'd be disappointed, but get a test drive. Don't believe the journo's on the CVT or noise but it sure is different to a normal diesel.

Black headlining is AFAIK an FSport only feature and not an option on other models.

The std satnav loses the rear camera and the connected services (google search, street view, parking, online traffic, link to the customer portal etc etc) but I think sticks with the circular knob rather than the mouse. The mouse isn't bad and the sensitivity can be adjusted which sorts out most of the issues reported in the mags - do these journalists ever read the manuals? I think the basic Nav is the same as the one in the CT model.

IPod control is full from either the mouse/controller or some functions from the steering wheel.

An executive is basically a luxury model with leather and Nav, so test drive a Lux and it will be identical. However the FSport, whilst it uses the same drivetrain, the implementation is very different. Its worth a test drive.

Have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, disbelieve the magazines.

I'm an Audi fan (my wife has a Q3 diesel) which has roughly the same fuel consumption but for a lesser engine.

Every car has its foibles but if you want a car with outstanding looks, great/comfortable driving and a few loveable quirks, go with the 300h.

Ive just changed from an A4, 2.7tdi, S-line, and the IS is better in every way, and I didn’t think it would be. Dont get me wrong, the Audi was a fantastic car and very refined for a diesel, but the Lexus is a step up again, Every thing is more comfortable and refined. I don’t remember much of my trips so far, as I’ve been too busy looking at the economy and gauges, I upset someone at the lights today because I pulled away too slowly and he was getting a little annoyed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links