Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Whats My Next Service? And A Knocking Noise

hello. Stupid question; 52,000 miles under the wheels and 2008 car. So six years old later this year. What service is due and whats the likely damage at Lexus sidcup? anyone had bad experience with them?

lastly (excuse format, phone struggles with this site). I can hear a knocking noise at low speed. Seems like loose exhaust but i cant replicate it by trying to move the exhaust. could be suspension maybe. Are there any known rear end knocking noises?

also tell me about the water pump issues please. Thanks so much...

Some models seem to have a leaking water pump. That's all there is to tell I believe. You can call a local toyota or use the prices people have achieved on the forum to knock them down.

No reported issues with a knocking sound. Is it when Turing left/right, going over bumps. middle/front/rear of car?

Stu

straight line, very slow so prob ten mph max. Am hoping it isn't gearbox related as sometimes its when it changes gear, but not always. Need to get a good look underneath and see if anything is loose. Doesn't make a noise when going fast. So ill just go fast . Oh, from drivers seat its rear middle...

Service will be the big one chap. 6yrs or 60K miles.

Got mine done at Lexus Woodford just over a month ago. Got it down to £650 odd.

Worth telling Sidcup to see if they will price match.

Water pump is hit and miss on earlier cars. Mine was inspected at the service. No issues or signs of leaks whatsoever.

Heat shield would be my guess like Stu said.

Good luck fella. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links