Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Are 3Rd Gen Is Headlights Symmetric Or Asymmetric?

As per topic title. Do the 3rd Gen IS (IS300h/IS250) HID headlights need adjusting to drive on the continent or are they symmetrical and dip down, not left?

I can't find anything in the manual about this topic at all, including how to adjust the headlamps. Only that of the bulb fails, I should take to to a dealer for replacement, which is pretty much par for the course now-a-days.

Anyone know, or done it already?

They do not need adjusting. Tel, one of our regular contributors has confirmed that. Hopefully that answers your question, although I can't be any more technical as to exactly why they don't need to be!

Cheers, I've just searched and found that Tel has already confirmed this with a dealer. Good stuff, something else not to worry about.

Tinka - they don't swivel on UK spec cars. Premier has auto-dipping high beam option. It is one of things I think I'll miss the most, I have the full adaptive headlamp option on my current Vaux Astra and they are fab! Given the current high tech options that Lexus pack in, it is one I thought they might at least offer as an option.

Cheers, I've just searched and found that Tel has already confirmed this with a dealer. Good stuff, something else not to worry about.

Tinka - they don't swivel on UK spec cars. Premier has auto-dipping high beam option. It is one of things I think I'll miss the most, I have the full adaptive headlamp option on my current Vaux Astra and they are fab! Given the current high tech options that Lexus pack in, it is one I thought they might at least offer as an option.

IMO the Lexus headlights are weak, literally, so prepare to be underwhelmed.

• Like 1

Even though they are Xeons, you find them weak?

Yes I do, I was hoping they would be better than in the 2nd Gen, and they are, but I didn't think the improvement was that great. Maybe it's just me and middle aged eyes!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Yes I do, I was hoping they would be better than in the 2nd Gen, and they are, but I didn't think the improvement was that great. Maybe it's just me and middle aged eyes!

I went for a business trip to the US and walked into Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis. The place was huge! For the fun of it, I test drove a Lexus IS350 F Sport, full premium package. It had the LED headlights which were white and insanely bright! It just lit up the whole road, no high beams needed. Oh, and the car was sublime, best IS for sure. Trust Lexus UK to not bring the 350 here!

I swapped my eight year old Mercedes CLS500 for a Premier and apart from the rubbish Navigation the only other item I could moan about is the Xeon lights! They are just weak.

I went for a business trip to the US and walked into Mungenast Lexus of St. Louis. The place was huge! For the fun of it, I test drove a Lexus IS350 F Sport, full premium package. It had the LED headlights which were white and insanely bright! It just lit up the whole road, no high beams needed. Oh, and the car was sublime, best IS for sure. Trust Lexus UK to not bring the 350 here!

Sounds like fun, but sadistic knowing it's not available here!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links