Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi,

Seriously toying over the idea of getting a 2009/2010 low mileage 400h or a 2010 high mileage 450h (over 100k).

I know about the 400h having dodgy batteries and ensuring the cam belt is change if over 100k miles (if I go for the 450h)......and of course a full Lexus Service History.

Any snip its of useful information to help me sway either way or not at all ?

Cheers

Bobby

Where did you get the information over the 400H dodgy batteries? I've never heard of any problems with the batteries just with the inverters but that's covered with a recall.

I've own a 400H and have had a 450H as a courtesy car. I found that the 450H was more modern and did a little bit more to the gallon but the 400H is faster and a much better ride. The 450H has a much harsher suspension but it has to cope with increased weight over the 400H.

Hi Steve,

In regards to the dodgy batteries I mentioned, it's probably the invertor recall that you mention, which I meant !!!

I suppose I really have to go and test drive both cars to help make my mind up, but if I do that, I think I may be swayed towards the 450h !!!

Thanks

I spent 18k last year and had a look at both as well. I went for the 400H as it was a one owner 40k FSH and looked like new. The 450's were all higher miles and nowhere near the condition of the 400.

If I did find a great 450 I'm sure I would of got it over the 400. But the 400 is a fantastic car and no regrets at all about getting it.

The 450h is bigger, quieter and is more modern in terms of features and switchgear etc. Most people seem to like the look of the 400h, option is more divided with the 450h - certainly before its facelift. The 450h doesn't lean as much as the 400h around the corners but in general has a harsher ride.

The only Battery issue with the 400h is the 12v Battery which can go flat if leaving the vehicle unattended for 3 weeks. I've heard similar things with the 450h however given that this only really happens once the Battery has lost some of its capacity we won't start to really hear about this issue on the 450h until they are 5+ years old.

If I were in your position and I could live with the 450h styling then I would go that way but I wouldn't want one with 100k+ miles on the clock.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links