Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Long Warning Tone On Closing Boot

My first post!

Really enjoying my new IS300 H Luxury.

Only one niggle, when I leave home at the usual ungodly hour I dump my stuff in the boot and on closing it get a 5 second long continuous tone. I think it may be something to do with a function to prevent you locking the key in the boot. At 6 AM on a quiet street I feel like I am going to wake up all the neighbours!

Does anyone know of a way to disable it or a way to prevent it happening at all.

Hi Mike tried mine this morning and it was silent. I didn't open the doors just walked up to boot with keys in pocket and opened the boot and closed in silence ( PS didn't unlock car if that makes difference). :msn-oh: Do get something strange when I switch off and exit drivers door. It beeps until I close the door. Never understood that either.

I believe it is to prevent you from locking the keys in the boot, and probably can't be turned off. Ian, yours probably didn't beep as it sounds like the keys were in your pocket rather than in the boot, or maybe you had the spare on you as well.

The beep when you switch off and exit the car is probably because you open the door first and then switch off. Nanny Lexus doesn't like that! Switch off and then open the door, much safer!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

:DJust tried every combination possible and cant make it bleep when opening the boot . DJP spot on with bleep on drivers door. If I switch off first before opening the door it works fine.

It's not when opening the boot, it's when you close the boot with keys in it the buzzer sounds.

They sure are. A bit too Nanny sometimes, not sure on the 3rd Gen but on the 2nd Gen if the traction control cuts in you get beep beeps as well as flashing lights. All a tad disconcerting when the car is sliding around!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

And could I get it to do the same thing over the weekend? No, of course not!

Thanks for all the efforts to look into this, sounds like I will just have to live with the odd occasion when it happens.

David, I haven't managed to get mine sliding about but I imagine the lights and the buzzers add to the fun :D

It's not when opening the boot, it's when you close the boot with keys in it the buzzer sounds.

it also does it if you leave the keys in the car.......... as I did when I had my demo one. I had the keyfob in my jacket which was in the back seat. I had forgotten about it, got out of the car and tried to lock it by touching the door handle and all hell let off with beeps! I wondered what it was doing, but on the display in the dials, it said " Key detected in car!". Very clever and kind of necessary I suppose.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links