Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I had a look in the tool kit in the boot at the weekend to see if the previous owner had left the display removal tools to take the sat nav disc out and they have.

These can be found in a pocket in the tool pouch - a picture of them is below...

post-35349-0-41075500-1402847638_thumb.j

I didn't get these tools with mine.

Precision screwdrivers can work, but I found that they didn't work well; no matter how hard I pushed or wiggled, they would not release the fascia. The best tools I found were brass nails from a picture hanging kit, which just popped the display off with finger pressure.

i got an assortment of precisoon screwdrivers, i am sure i can get it off

besides i have the sat nav ripped off, i am waiting on a replacement touch screen, i can already see the entry slot for the dvd, can i access this when i have the system powered up? i mean put in a disc without even taking the panel off...?

Eric, i'm not sure if your confusing the slot for the dvd and music discs with the one for the navigation disc, they are two different slots ,the navigation disc slot is behind the clock panel, thats why you need the release pins...they are to release the clock panel as my post 4 june following your post on the 1st of june about updating the sat nav...... you need the nav screen to eject the disc and replace the disc back... DO NOT try to eject the nav disc without removing the clock panel or damage could result....

Allan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links