Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Changing Is200 For Newer Model

SteveAudioX

Just wondering if anyone out there with a more then slightly modded Lexus has recently changed over to a newer lexus car ?

Does the dealer offer less if they where to view your existing car with the mods on?

Although you are planning to take the mods out prior to part exchange ?

I am asking this as I may change my older Baby for a newer one......

Any comments appreciated in advance.

I would take the mods off and put it back to standard. I doubt a Lexus dealer would sell a car that is modifed, other than parking sensors etc, and they would probably give a lower trade-in so they could cover the costs of making it standard again.

That's just my thoughts, not based on any experience.

I had a conversation with the parts manager at my local dealer.. while waiting for my stereo to be finished...

They took in an IS200 that had been 'modified'.. basically, it was the full ICE setup, including the LCD screens etc...

He said they gave him the value of the 'car', omitting any extra on the setup... which they then binned! :tsktsk: and replaced with standard stuff to resell the car...

Me.. everything i have done, can be changed back to standard in an afternoon.. and i plan on keeping it that way.. think about it, you will get the money from the car, then sell all the mods on here for a little extra :winky:

Just wondering if anyone out there with a more then slightly modded Lexus has recently changed over to a newer lexus car ?

Does the dealer offer less if they where to view your existing car with the mods on?

Although you are planning to take the mods out prior to part exchange ?

I am asking this as I may change my older Baby for a newer one......

Any comments appreciated in advance.

I was thinking of doing the same Steve,

My dealer can't wait to get their hands on car. They said, with the mods left on it, it'll sell straight away...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links