Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Owner Of Ls400 Gold Badge

PJM

Hi all,

Being new to the Lexus (only 1 month now!) ;), I have come across a void when looking to replace my steering wheel cover(worn) Gear nob(worn), left hand electric window switch on door(broken) :duh: . I have also been trying to find someone who can repair my Climatic control Clock LCD desplay, or find a replacement. Can anyone help with contacts, suppliers or advice. I need HELP!!!! :blush:

As an aside, with regards to cleaning the leather interior, any suggestions on what is the best product?

All replies eagerly awaited. :)

ok.. there is quite alot of monies worth of stuff to repair

My suggestion is to goto your dealer and get part numbers for all these bits... and a price from your dealer.. ask for a printed quotation.

Then sign up to our subscription service... and I will be able to get you 15% of all the parts... and you will have a few hundred pounds worth of bits there.

The LCD and the door lock switch will be a little pricey... but I could probably get a much better price through a dealer for you.

Tried that, Lexus Dealer in Isleworth stated that 'Boston Green' is no longer available, been discontinued :ohmy:

Also quoted £500 for new steering wheel plus VAT and Fitting !!

Quoted £40 for new Door switch unit for electric window plus VAT & Fitting!!

Quoted £53 for Gear nob plus VAT & Fitting!!

They also told me that my next service (180,000) would cost me in excess of £1,000 and I would need a new camshaft (Feeling shafted at the moment) plus extras!!! :crying: My car, mechanically, appears to be running fine at the moment.

What are your thoughts.

first off i could skim £200 of that bill if you were a gold member of the club (dont mean to keep on about membership.. but £200 is a big saving)

I would get a second opinion on that camshaft... plus i think you might find at that price is that just for the cambelt.. i could be wrong.

Also.. all depends if you wanna bite the bullet and have it done at a 3rd part garage... remember the car is a 11 years old... Lexus service history i feel is past it on this car.

My car is a 92... i am going 3rd party and getting my cam belt done for £100.. that includes the belt.

dealer would charge £400

as you have a V8 they will charge you loads more.

We can certainly save you alot of money on the parts though!

go to a large motor store with your trim number (found under the bonnet on the chassis plate) and get some made up...

It wont be as perfect as lexus paint.. but you will not notice it on black stone chips

I reckon lexus can get this colour and they cannot be bothered to look it up for you

I am certainly very interested in saving money!! Although I have a full service history I take your point that at 11 years it is not necessary to go to Toyota/Lexus.

You say you have a 92, what model? (just curious)

Any assistance could push me further towards getting a Gold Membership subscription!!!! :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links