Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ha I always like the look of the 944 , pleased I never bought one ha .people seem to rave on about the 116 . I've driven a diesel 120 I think it was , it was a 1 series with a 2 ltr lol so I think it was called that . It was awful , really noisy and big stupid chunky key the size of a weetabix you shove in the dash like a 60s cassette then press a start button what's the point in that , ******* .

The CT200h courtesy car was quite bad, harsh ride, underpowered, and makes all sorts of funny noises (brakes and transmission). The gearbox of the IS220d was quite bad as well. But nothing beats a Corsa.

I can never understand why Lexus make poor manual cars while toyota manual gearboxes are brill , how does that work out .hmm

Totally agree....the w55 box fitted to the manual IS300 in the states is absolute rubbish, all I hear on the American forums is how bad it is and keep reading about failures.

Also the J160 box in my old 200 was notchy and clunky and whined in 4th gear but this was normal lexus told me! Lol

Yet the R154 box from a supra TT is regarded by many as the best gearbox ever made and it'll handle 1000bhp!! :lol:

I can never understand why Lexus make poor manual cars while toyota manual gearboxes are brill , how does that work out .hmm

Totally agree....the w55 box fitted to the manual IS300 in the states is absolute rubbish, all I hear on the American forums is how bad it is and keep reading about failures.

Also the J160 box in my old 200 was notchy and clunky and whined in 4th gear but this was normal lexus told me! Lol

Yet the R154 box from a supra TT is regarded by many as the best gearbox ever made and it'll handle 1000bhp!! :lol:

It's mental mate , surely they share the same ideas etc , well the glass all use to say toyota ha

The V160 and V161 in the mk4 Supra are cracking boxes as well. ;)

The R154 is a 5-spd, the two above are 6-spd's.

All can handle serious ponies! ;)

Same goes for the MR2 Turbo, Celica GT4, Starlet GT etc. All have good manual gearboxes.

I'm loving my auto though! ;)

Same with the Supra! Lol.

Just easier with the traffic jams I always sit in week after week!!

The V160 and V161 in the mk4 Supra are cracking boxes as well. ;)

The R154 is a 5-spd, the two above are 6-spd's.

All can handle serious ponies! ;)

Same goes for the MR2 Turbo, Celica GT4, Starlet GT etc. All have good manual gearboxes.

I'm loving my auto though! ;)

Same with the Supra! Lol.

Just easier with the traffic jams I always sit in week after week!!

Yeh I love my auto , never sit in traffic jams up here though , more look out for sheep and sheepdogs wanting to eat your tyres lol .or the odd 20 cows paddling over the road , tidy .looking at you asif thinking should I step on that silver heap lol.

But back on topic it is poor of Lexus not to fit good manual stuff don't you think traffic jam Pete .

True enough Farmer Dave! Lol. ;)

Think you need this bumper sticker: 'My other car is a Massey Ferguson'! :) Lol.

It is poor though. Saying that, the GTR is only available in an auto as well.

That upset a lot of GTR purists (many including me still feel the R32 GTR is the true Godzilla).

Got my wife a nice 2006 Mazda mx-5 with electric hardtop yesterday. M25 towards Dartford Bridge was gridlocked! :(

Had to go all the way round the M25 past Heathrow! My calf muscles were dead by the time I got home last night! Lol.

Was a joy to drive the IS-F tonight. :)

True enough Farmer Dave! Lol. ;)

Think you need this bumper sticker: 'My other car is a Massey Ferguson'! :) Lol.

It is poor though. Saying that, the GTR is only available in an auto as well.

That upset a lot of GTR purists (many including me still feel the R32 GTR is the true Godzilla).

Got my wife a nice 2006 Mazda mx-5 with electric hardtop yesterday. M25 towards Dartford Bridge was gridlocked! :(

Had to go all the way round the M25 past Heathrow! My calf muscles were dead by the time I got home last night! Lol.

Was a joy to drive the IS-F tonight. :)

Lol oh rrrr .sounds like a pirate , meant to be a farmer , nev mind lol.

Ha I drive my transit 5 to 6 days a week , my left leg gets a bit sick too lol.

My isf is like a massage table , just chill and enjoy lol

I think the IS220d was kind of a special case. From what I read (might be incorrect), they took the 2.2 diesel engine from the Avensis but had to make it work on a rear wheel drive car because its a Lexus. The Toyota Group didn't have a rear wheel transmission that could handle that much torque...except on one of their pickup trucks :-) Hence why the gearbox its so harsh on the IS220d.

Also, due to the weight of the IS, they realized the CO2 was over the roof for a car that was targeted at companies, so they tweaked the ratios quite badly to lower emissions at the expense of drivability.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links