Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Good Morning All,

At the weekend I was checking my lights were working ok when in the auto mode and noticed that on the passenger side there is a very small bulb in the light cluster closest to the grill which was not working. It is very small and sits up in the corner of the unit.

My questions is how easy is it to replace this bulb and how much does the part cost?.

Also if I was to take this to Lexus to fit does anyone has a rough idea of the cost?,

Finally if I need to take this to a garage to replace would it be ok to do this at a general garage or would it really need to be Lexus?

Any help as always would be appreciated.

Bobby

These bulbs are not too difficult to do....just need a bit of patience the first time. Save yourself a packet too. If it is the little T10/W5W type bulb they are cheap as chips. Take a read through here and see if you have the confidence to try it.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/tutorials/article/203-how-to-change-is220250-halogen-headlight-bulbs-not-hid-bulbs/

But, the passenger side IS the most fiddly to get at. Did my main beams at the weekend...took 3 attempts to get the cover back on in the right position.

Hi

Thanks very much for the reply in relation to the bulb and having a read over it, it mentioned a few things which I don't process. Patience and slender hands being but two. Therefore may need to resort to the garage for this job. Am I right in assuming this would maybe be a 30 mins job for a garage?

Also how do I know if my car is fitted with xenon's or HID?. it is a is205 se 2006. I don't thing it has either of these and is likely the halogen bulbs as mentioned but how do I double check?

You'll need to take the 3 engine bay top covers off.

There are 2 obvious cover plates (on each side)about 80mm x 50mm secured by a wire spring. One is for Main Beam the other is for Dipped beam. If you can see a small yellow label with 'Risk of electrocution/shock' messages on one of them then that is the HID Xenon light. It will only be the Dipped beam. You may well have halogens in both ( I did in my 2007 Lex). Depends on the spec of your vehicle.

Hope that helps.

Hi, yes they are very easy to change.

Also if you are going to do it you might as well change them to LED. eBay sell them for about £4 don't worry if they are not canbus as some sellers will try to charge you by saying canbus - error free.

These bulbs are as normski said but are also called 501 bulbs see eBay item number: 370834202219

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links